Emulator error on windows 10

I am getting the following error in the AI companion screen
"error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
127.0.0.1 - - [22/Oct/2023 11:08:25] "OPTIONS /echeck/ HTTP/1.1" 500 59"
Reinstalled software, makes no difference connection is aborted by appinventor!

Did you recently update your antivirus software?

No, and I use Windows defender as anti-virus.
Problem seems to be the connection to MIT being refused, after it runs AI companion.
It communicates with the designer and builder with no problems.

Does this happen with all apps connected via the Companion, or only particular apps?

on all apps. I get emulator with MI companion on it, then a blank screen in emulator
captured this on error screen on my app.

Runtime Error
Error from Companion: java.lang.RuntimeException: invalid syntax in eval form: :9:1: caught exception in inliner for # - java.lang.RuntimeException: no such class: com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Button gnu.bytecode.ObjectType.getReflectClass(ObjectType.java:148) gnu.bytecode.ClassType.getModifiers(ClassType.java:103) gnu.bytecode.ClassType.isInterface(ClassType.java:471) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.checkType(InlineCalls.java:56) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:49) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExpValue(InlineCalls.java:363) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExpValue(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitSetExp(ExpVisitor.java:114) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExp(InlineCalls.java:369) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.SetExp.visit(SetExp.java:406) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLetExp(InlineCalls.java:317) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLetExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LetExp.visit(LetExp.java:207) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildrenOnly(LambdaExp.java:1664) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildren(LambdaExp.java:1651) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitScopeExp(InlineCalls.java:279) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:349) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visit(LambdaExp.java:1640) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitAndUpdate(ExpVisitor.java:162) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitExps(ExpVisitor.java:176) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visitArgs(ApplyExp.java:416) gnu.kawa.reflect.CompileInvoke.validateApplyInvoke(CompileInvoke.java:23) java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.kawa.functions.CompilationHelpers.validateApplyToArgs(CompilationHelpers.java:66) java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:119) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visit(ApplyExp.java:411) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:162) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.kawa.functions.CompilationHelpers.validateApplyToArgs(CompilationHelpers.java:66) java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:119) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visit(ApplyExp.java:411) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildrenOnly(LambdaExp.java:1664) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildren(LambdaExp.java:1651) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitScopeExp(InlineCalls.java:279) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:349) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitModuleExp(ExpVisitor.java:103) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.visit(ModuleExp.java:482) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.inlineCalls(InlineCalls.java:33) gnu.expr.Compilation.walkModule(Compilation.java:994) gnu.expr.Compilation.process(Compilation.java:1965) gnu.expr.ModuleInfo.loadByStages(ModuleInfo.java:330) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule1(ModuleExp.java:238) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule(ModuleExp.java:198) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:943) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:883) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:865) com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.AppInvHTTPD.serve(AppInvHTTPD.java:188) com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.NanoHTTPD$HTTPSession.run(NanoHTTPD.java:470) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1068) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:561) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
Dismiss

How about these alternatives, which ones work?

• Companion on phone
  • Companion on alternative emulator?

How about this in MIT companion screen
"more infgormation"
"Starting soon we will be making MIT App Inventor available over https. This is a significant step in improving the security of MIT App Inventor.

However it is not without cost. In particular the “Legacy” connect method between the browser and the Companion depends on not having MIT App Inventor served over https."
The apk works ok on Android studio, once I updated the sdk to 33.

Which apk?

My built apk works in Android Studio emulator.
I do not have a android to try it on, hence the windows option.

Have you tried downloading
http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/companions/MITAI2Companion.apk
to your Android Studio setup?

Why? I am trying to get the emulator to work online with the blocks designer, so I can see what I have written.
There is no facility to see a screen shot on the design, so the only way is use the emulator from MIT.
The rest of it is incredibly complicated to see a working model you can test, then modify it!

The MIT emulator isn't the only emulator you can use in conjunction with the Companion app.

On my Windows 11 Home laptop, I use the BlueStacks emulator.
It accepts the MIT Companion app, and I can use it to test AI2 apps without a phone.
The laptop has screen recording software I use against the emulator to prepare demoes.

Are you assuming the MIT emulator is necessary to run the Companion app?

Usually the first error in this thread indicates that there is another Android-related program running on the machine. The adb software is versioned and when two different versions try running they will compete with one another stopping and restarting. For example, if you have software to help synchronize your phone contents to your computer or use Android Studio, then a newer copy of adb might be stopping the App Inventor copy.

Regarding the second error (RuntimeException), this indicates that your companion version is old (pre 2016), so you should use the Help > Update the companion menu item to upgrade to a newer version. Also, this version isn't published on our website anymore, you may want to upgrade to the latest emulator package which provides a newer Android experience.

I use windows 10. Bluestacks have now upgraded their program so it conflicts with HyperV on my machine.
It no longer works, so I have had to delete it.
I downloaded the latest version of AI-Compainion, which includes the Emulator, called MIT_App_Inventor_Tools_2.3.0_win_setup.
It made no difference.
There are several other programs that communicate with an android phone, all use their own version of adb with no problems.

MIT says they have made changes to MIT App inventor " In particular the “Legacy” connect method between the browser and the Companion depends on not having MIT App Inventor served over https." Does this have any impact on the problem I am experiencing?

Getting around the Hyper-V problem required running a special script: