Download Multiple Files with subfolders

Yes, maybe it's the same issue that I got with the Web component and APKs:

But I'm pretty sure it will work with my extension.

Great, thank you very much Anke!

I will test it, but in your example it is only one file in one directory!

What about more files with some subdirectories?

Edit:

It seems to be a problem with Google Drive !!!!

The first files (about 30) are downloaded completely with my solution, but after a certain number of files it does not work.
My app was working for months without problems.

It seems that Google does not allow now to download many files automatecly or something... :relieved:

This probably depends on how you are doing it!

What method are you using to download multiple files and directories from google drive?

Download them when the the .DownloadCompleted event is triggered.
How many files (PDFs) should be downloaded? Put the URLs in a list and select them one by one.

Something like this:

Its many....about 750 files...

Is there any easy way to rewrite my app, so i can use my own server instead Google drive?

Do you mean you have 750 URLs (PDFs)?
Anyway, my blocks should work, but you need a list of 750 URLs.

Yes I have..

Sorry, but now I am completely confused...

Would it be possible that you show me a complete example how to download multiple files with your extension, not with Google Drive but with my own Server :grimacing:

Unless you absolutely have to download all 750 files before a user can use the app....you may want to consider an on first use model, where the pdf required is downloaded when requested, then stored in the ASD for future use (so it doesn't have to be downloaded again). Think about your users, possibly those on a (possibly slow) data only connection caught in your 750 file download loop.....

1 Like

I've alread shown it (this is all you need):

But as I said you need a list with 750 items (URLs). Maybe you have such a list in an Excel sheet and can get the list / items from it.

Btw, if the PDFs no longer need to be changed (later), the easiest way would of course be to zip all PFDs including paths, then download the zip file to the ASD and unzip there.

May I send you the aia file?

All it does it to download the csv List, but not more :frowning:

Google security measures currently (Android 10+) do not permit that. You can have sub directories in your ASD. You will need an Extension to Create the Directories, including the ASD.

Sorry to bother, but this does not work at all.
The zip file will not be downloaded

Hi Oliver

What is the total of all the PDF file sizes added together?

Actually it is 717 files in 129 folders / subfolders with a total of 785 MB

That is a huge size to put on someones phone.

By the way, subfolders are User friendly on a PC where the User can see them, but in terms of an App accessing them on Android they are simply an unnecessary complication - better to have them in just one folder.

One design in this situation is to download individual PDFs on demand of the User - surely none of the Users need to read all 717 files?

Another Design is to host the PDFs as pages of your Website, so they can be read online by your Users via your App (Using a WebView Component) or indeed on their PC/Laptop, which would generally be a more comfortable experience. That would be the best solution since it also allows for changes by you without disrupting anything on the User's devices. Not surprisingly, many companies that supply hundreds of items to industry and retail use this method.

Following on from @ChrisWard

To view a pdf on Google Drive:

If you have a list of the files and their IDs, that is all you need.

1 Like