Companion andFully built apk do not have the same functionality

Hello,

So i have an issue. Whenever i load my app to my android 13 smartphone, everything works fine, but when i build the app and install it to my phone, then all of the sudden it does not work. My app has 2 screens, the first screen acts as a web scraper and the second one projects the scraped data through a custom designed html table (named TABLE2.htm) , it lets you edit them and then export them to the Downloads folder as a .xlsx file. Also, the app's default file scope no matter what i define it (app,shared etc.) does not seem to solve my problem.

See those red X marks in your global init values?

Those evaluations must happen in the Screen.Initialize event, and can't be done as initializations.

Use a place holder like 0 or blank for the inits.

Also, see the article You Can't Open Screen1 in the FAQ

1 Like

TELEIOOOO_checkpoint4.aia (115.0 KB)
In order to understand my issue, i attached my project. So if i use the companion, if you press the button extract in screen 1, then it gets you to screen 2 which has a html table. Now, if you build the app, and install it in your smartphone, the previous procedure does not work and states 404 not found.

You are missing a lot of error handling that should be set up to identify error causes.

Let's get you started:
component_event (1)

component_event (3)
component_event

Also, you should not be opening screen1

See the Screen switching section of

I can not vouch for any of the extensions you use as to their state of rot.

1 Like

What does not work ?

You also appear to have extensions and components that you do not use, on both screens. You should remove these, and refresh your project before compiling again. They could be somehow interfering.

And @ABG is right, your screen2.backPressed event should look like this:

Possibly the only way to figure out what is happening is to debug your compiled apk, disable all blocks except for the first action, compile and test, add the next action, compile and test, until you find the problem.

Thank you very much both of you!! Through error handling i managed to fix it and i also managed to accomplish the same results using only one screen!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.