App Crashing on Connection to to BLE

So, prior to updating my phone to latest Android 13 update, the App I was working on (with Arduino nano Rp2040 device sending Bluetooth data back and forth) was working well.

Now, the app crashes on connection. I understand that there are changes to permissions, but I can honestly not understand how to implement.

I set up the app using this tutorial - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://iot.appinventor.mit.edu/assets/tutorials/MIT_App_Inventor_Basic_Connection.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjfxYf9s-eBAxXkXUEAHb-YDukQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0CsMSPRnlcPWcWXVutaz-6

I am at a bit of a loss how to stop this crash. Can anyone help with a straightforward explanation on how to resolve? Using the latest BLE extension.

did you already check the FAQ?
Taifun

(Canned Reply ABG - BLE FAQ with Latest Versions for Permissions)

I did, but can't really work out how to resolve.

I have tried the various blocks in various ways but crash keeps happening.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

blocks (31)

Yeah, should have thought of that! So, here they are.

Either there is something wrong with what I have done, or perhaps something I am doing directly after I connect?

The app does quite a lot and, on connection, there is quite a bit of reading and writing of characterisitics to sync an arduino with the settings in the app. This was working well so seems strange that it has stopped since the latest upgrade.

I guess the other thing to add is the phone type, which is a OnePlus 9 Pro...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...keep it simple, I have only just started doing this stuff!

The blocks look fine for me

What you could do is to use logcat to find out more about the runtime error

Taifun