(APK) File is not downloaded completely (from Google Drive) but a few Kbytes (using Android 10)

You should in a browser...

Ok, of course, but you said:

Oh, maybe that won't work then if you can't capture the download url generated by the button

hello, but I would like an alternative that works with the same procedure as google drive, that is, I generate the shareable link and insert it in my app together with the name of the file to download ...

This is for compatibility with users who already use my app ...

can you kindly give me an example?

I have my apk on google drive all the time and I can download and update from it.

Try change extension, example

my_application.apk ------> my_application.png

When you download the file you rename it.

Instead of downloading the file via the web component, use the ActivityStarter.

1 Like

yes ok okay there are alternatives but I have to modify the app and I wanted to avoid this ...
if I change the file extension it works ... only it becomes incompatible with my current app ...

can't i change something on google drive to activate apk files too?

For me, simply renaming the file to a different extension still generates the can't virus scan message.

There are no settings in Google Drive to "undo" this virus scan check on executable files.

borrar_googledirver.aia (10.7 KB)

In this example p127F_fondotransparenteA.png is an .apk file, but with the extension changed to .png

I download that file and change it to mi_aplicacion.apk

In this case download to /mnt/sdcard

If you have Android10 + you can download it to ASD.

1 Like

Ah yes, this works, for me, if you rename the file on your computer before uploading to Google Drive. Doesn't work if you rename the apk ON Google Drive :slight_smile:

@TIMAI2

I have changed the name directly from Google Drive to .gif

The first one generates virus scan message, the other two will download OK

Do you only want to download or install immediately?

It is correct what @TIMAI2 says, if you change the file name directly in Drive, it does not change the file type, it is kept as apk application.
It is necessary to upload it as .png or another type of file.

I would have thought that google, with all its power and might, could figure out what kind of file a file is, regardless of extension, but this helps us for now, until they do :smiley:

No need to rename testAPK.png after downloading:

1 Like

Great!

It is the solution I wanted ... compatible with the app already owned by users ... thanks to everyone!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.