WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Web component

i'm creating a downloader. the thing is that WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE doesn't get added to the apk.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

actually i'm building a huge application and there are so many blocks so i just picked a part.
the problem is that the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission doesn't get added to the APK.

Are you using the webviewer for that?

My guess is, you are talking about a missing permission in the manifest? Drag a file component into the working area and in the designer set the Default File Scope property of Screen1 to Legacy

Also only ask for the permission once without using a clock component...

Taifun

yes

wait now i understand

1. Downloading which file types (media and / or non-media files) into which directory?
  2. Which Android version does your test device have?
  3. Does it work with Companion?
  4. If yes, what error message occurs with the APK. Post a screenshot of it.
  5. On Android 11+ you should not need storage permissions at all (especially not WRITE permission, because it does no longer exist on Android 11+).

every type of file

Android 10

yes

im not gonna screenshot because its simple.

the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE didn't get added to the apk

i have Android 10

it finally worked.

I'm surprised, that the webviewer is able to download files... I thought, we need the custom webviewer extension for that, which offers more functionality...

Can you provide a screenshot of the blocks you are using to download a file? Is there a html file involved?

Taifun

:question:

Yes, on Android < 11 you must request WRITE permission if you do not download to the ASD, but in one of the Shared folders.

On Android 11+ WRITE permission is not required, but it is incorrectly requested and must be incorrectly declared in the Manifest also on Android 11+, which is of course a bug. I've pointed out this bug countless times.

:question:
Or do you mean the Web component?

TextBox4 is the download link.

And again:

Ok...as we can see now it is the web component... :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Taifun

Without defining the path, the files will be downloaded to the ASD, which will work for all Android versions

Taifun