Web Component GotFile Broken

[EDIT]

Just compiled and installed on Android 11 device

Works with a filename supplied, saves to ASD, but does not work if no filename is provided

2 Likes

In my case, I have tried providing a filename and it doesn't work either, it gives me the error.

1 Like

Note that if you're using the test server, you also need to install the test companion from that server. If you're using companion 2.61 or 2.61u, that companion corresponds to the nb187 release.

1 Like

Any news concerning the Web.GotText Problem?

You can check back here for latest release information

http://appinventor.mit.edu/ai2/ReleaseNotes.html

A proposed fix is available on ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu. If you plan to test with the companion app, you'll need to sideload the version provided by that server under the Help>Companion Information menu. The version number of the test companion is 2.61t2u.

Dear @ewpatton,

Thank you very much!!

The Problem still exists on the TESTSERVER:

Screenshot_12

results in:

I think I have figured out the underlying issue.

2 Likes

I've set up a test server with a new companion (2.61d1u) containing my proposed fix here: http://webfix.ai2-ewpatton-temp.appspot.com/

If you have time, please try it out and let me know what happens.

2 Likes

Works for me with Companion (not able to build apk) for both no name and filename.
saves a no name set to the

/ASD/My Documents/Downloads/app_inventor_1223334444.png
```
1 Like

this path looks somehow strange, doesn't it?
I would expect to get it downloaded into the ASD directly...

Taifun

It is working again, thank you very much @ewpatton!!!

Screenshot_3

I tried GotFile but write external storage is prohibited..

Try to set → DefaultFileScope in the Designer to → Legacy.

grafik

But then the file (mp3 in your case) is downloaded (saved) in the → privateDir
(and even for the privateDir storage permission is requested, which of course is a (known) bug):

grafik

1 Like

Thanks, error is absent now, if choose legasy, but file do not save in app directory
status is ok. but file is absent

Dear Ewan,

is there any ETA when this fix will be added to the test server, or even better on live server?

I can not compile my app for now :frowning:

My guess is that it will be on the test server sometime next week. We have a queue of bug fixes to go into nb188, which this will be a part of.

3 Likes

Dear Ewan,

I noticed that there was an update on the test server.
Is the bugfix already implemented? I couldn't find anything about it in the documentary!

See here:

The Web component fixes fell under the broader category of changes related to the DefaultFileScope property; it wasn't separated out into its own change.

1 Like