Wait or close page

I'm able to load MIT app inventor in Firefox very fast. If I open it in google chrome it's going really slow. Before it was not and suddenly it appears to have issues. Don't know why, but he is busy with something... It happens also when I want to place blocks and expand procedures. What could be the problem?

1 Like

Does your version of Chrome need to be updated? I've got absolutely no problems with it.

I noticed it too. And also in firefox it is much better for me. But since firefox is ok, in my opinion that means there is no problem on the MIT side, just some chrome update just broke something. Up to 1200 blocks opens well. When we have a little more, this message appears. However, when we already have, for example, 5000 blocks, it is impossible to open the block screen.

I checked... and it's update. Opera is working best for me for now. I am looking at 2800 blocks and it works good. I am on a hexa core AMD at 200Mhz with 8Gig of ram and a graphic card ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB GDDR5 with OEM windows 7 ultimate with 1000Mbits LAN and a good connection.

I had before some problems with companion, but those issues are solved with the security settings in the browser. I checked my firewall and seems good. What I could try is to turn off all that security and restart and see if it happens again.

I turned off all firewalls and cleaned the catch and no improvements.

In my opinion, this is a chromium problem. Both chrome and edge are chromium based. The problem is the same in both. Firefox and Opera are chromium independent and work fine. It also has nothing to do with your computer's configuration.

You could be right. I have some logs in the debug file. Maybe uninstalling and install could be a solution. if it is a key in the register and it can not be removed, the problem could remains. I have some pages open that I cannot close for now, but I will try it. Thanks for the info.

running vanilla chromium here, (NOT Google Chrome), on Xubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS.
app with 1500+ blocks
no issues in companion mode

I checked on Windows, I don't have linux. I also checked Kodular. Same problem in chrome.

Unfortunately no, Opera despite being Chromium based is still far better than other chromium browsers.
Above is true for Windows and Linux.
Android version of Opera drains battery heavily.

I specially installed an opera to check it out. Opera also does not open blocks for me. Of these 4 browsers, only firefox opens blocks, almost immediately.

1 Like

I tried to remove Chrome ->reboot->install... Still same problem. If I scroll in Firefox, it those something strang. So opera is for me still the best option for me.

My system uses around 2.9GB of RAM.

Opera: when opening the designer, the memory consumption increases to 3.8GB. When I want to switch from designer to blocks, the memory consumption increases to 4.4GB. But the blocks do not open, no message that the page is not responding.

Google Chrome: after opening the designer, the memory consumption increased to 3.8GB, when clicking blocks, the memory consumption increases to 4.3GB. The blocks don't open. After a while, a window pops up with the page not responding.

Edge: after starting the designer, the memory consumption is 3.8GB. When you try to open the blocks, the consumption increases to 4.3GB. The blocks do not open, after a while a window pops up with the page not responding.

Firefox: after opening the designer, the memory consumption increased to 4.1GB. After switching to blocks, the memory consumption increased to 4.3GB and the blocks opened almost immediately.

Brave: after opening the designer, the memory consumption increased to 3.8GB. After switching to blocks, the memory consumption increased to 4.5GB. The blocks do not open, after a while a window pops up with the page not responding.

I wanted to try Safari, unfortunately google does not allow you to log into your account on this browser. Display a message that the browser is not secure.

Similar memory consumption. Little differences with firefox. I don't think this is a hardware problem. The opened project is the same, the equipment is the same. I think it is no coincidence that the blocks do not open in 4 chromium-based browsers.

Scrolling in firefox has been fixed. Maybe you have an old version or you have modified the scrolling settings for firefox.

Not for me. It gives me up to date. I am running on 90.0.2 (64-bits)