Firefox vs Chrome

I started AI2 with Chrome, and after 6 months it started giving the error "it can not load page, please wait".

I switched to Firefox which works fine other than the scrolling issue where when scrolling the code, it switch to scroll the main page up/down.

Is there a fix for Chrome to work again. I read something about app size and other stuff that did not work...

Does your block count increase as you add data?
If so, you need to use files or a database for your data, and not include it in blocks.

1 Like

It's just Chrome's error. When a project has many blocks, Chrome does not load blocks. It broke in one of the last Chrome updates. Also, other chromium-based browsers do not work. In the past, projects were loaded without problems, Chrome has a problem for about a month.

erm, chromium is working fine here

Open a large project, several thousand blocks. Then, from the designer, try to go to blocks. There will be a message that the browser is not responding.

There is a topic somewhere in the community where I tested several browsers. For me, only Firefox opens the block screen correctly and quickly. I did not introduce any changes in the projects, the computer hardware was the same. Kiefys chrome used to open blocks, no longer opens the same blocks. This cannot be a coincidence.

Also, many users report the same.

Thanks for all the Replies form the Power Users...
Based on the feedback, looks like there is something going on with Chrome, although it would be great if we can have a clear answer for the folks like me...

Since Firefox is working for me, is there a trick for addressing the scrolling issue, or I just need to live with it.

Cheers

Here is a similar topic:

There is no solution to this.

1 Like

Yes there is.
You need to disable smooth scrolling from advance settings.