The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 5354454856892416_Screen1 will not be saved

Hi,

My code was working well yesterday. But, today it gives the below message.

The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 5354454856892416_Screen1 will not be saved.

I tried also ai2-test. But I get the same error.

Here is my project.
TestDurum_03_v3.aia (73.3 KB)

I would be very grateful if someone helps to me.

Regards,

Halil

Hello Halil.

Are you using Companion 2.61 ? MIT just upgraded App Inventor today. You might need the latest Companion version from the PlayStore or your code might use an extension incompatible with the newest App Inventor version. Uncompatible extensions are a frequent cause for this error following an new App Inventor version. Create a copy Project; delete the extension and see if it runs.

A search of the community of blocks area did not load properly using the magnifying glass at the top of this page yields https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/search?q=The%20blocks%20area%20did%20not%20load%20properly

Check there for your issue; if not let us know.

Thanks for your report. We will take a look at your project to see what is causing the issue.

It's doto this block

bild

helper block is missing..

1 Like

Try this one TestDurum_03_v3.aia (73.3 KB)

@Boban, yep this is an issue in the helper block upgrade. If the socket is empty an exception occurs during upgrade. I've created a fix for this.

1 Like

(added to FAQ)

Hi @Boban, @ewpatton and @SteveJG

Thanks for your valuable and quick support.

@Boban , I can open the file shared with me. Thanks again. It saved much time.

Now I have another problem.

I test the code on my android phone by using AI2 Companian. It seems work well. but the List view doesn't work well. testDetay ListViews was updating when I select an item of Testler ListView. AfterPicking block doesn't work on AI2 Companion. The App is crashing after a few trials.

@SteveJG , I use the Companion 2.61. Then I reinstalled the latest version of it after this problem. It couldn't be a solution.

Then I built a .apk file. I installed it on the phone. I get the same problem. AfterPicking block doesn't work and the App is crashing after a few trials.

Then I check it on the Emulator. It works well on the Emulator.

I couldn't understand where is the problem. It was working well on the previous version. I would be very grateful if you help me with this problem.

Best Regards,

Halil

I've prepared a bugfix for the issue related to the project not loading. Could you elaborate more on how to repeat the issue you're experiencing with the ListView?

Hi @ewpatton,

I'm following the below steps to test the AfterPicking block.

1. run the app on the phone.
  2. wait to list Testler LisView to list all data (It takes several seconds due to it get the data from the google sheets)
  3. select an item onTestler ListView to get the details of the selected item. the details of the selected item should be listed on testDetay ListView.
  4. testDetay ListView lists the right data.
  5. Select another item onTestler ListView to get the details of the selected item.
  6. testDetay ListView lists the first selected item details.

It was working well on the previous version as I said in the previous message.

I'm following the below steps to crash the app.

1. run the app on the phone.
  2. wait to list Testler LisView to list all data (It takes several seconds due to it get the data from the google sheets)
  3. Pick to the "Ana Menu" button
  4. Select "Bekleyen Testler"
  5. Don't wait to Testler ListView to update data.
  6. Select an item onTestler ListView.

the App should close after the above steps. Actually above case could be explained due to the loading process of the ListView didn't complete and there aren't enough data to send testDetay Listview.

I hope the above explanation is enough for you. If you need further information please inform me.

Thanks again,

Halil

hi,
my code stop working today. It keeps showing me this message
The blocks area did not load properly. Changes to the blocks for screen 6176709300060160_Screen5 will not be saved.
Could u guys help me
This is my projectMyEDU_Screen_checkpoint2.aia (422.4 KB)

Try this one MyEDU_Screen_checkpoint2.aia (422.1 KB)

P.S. same issue as above

1 Like

This upgrade bug should be fixed now in nb187b.

Hi @ewpatton,

Thanks for the fix. Now I can open every project even if the helper block is missing.

Is there any news about the ListView problem?

Regards,

Halil

omg thank you so much its finally fix now ty im kinda new to this so im still learning

I've managed to identify two bugs in the ListView and have some fixes ready to go. However, because the overhead of companion updates is a bit more than a typical release we're collating a number fo component changes together before doing a companion update.

Hi all ... about the problem
Block area was not loaded correctly ...

Is there any solution ??

Do you have to do some operation?

It's very annoying, planning for hours and seeing your work vanish in an instant.

Thank you all..

Export your .aia file and upload it here.
export_and_upload_aia