Textbox height still not fill parent even with multiline enabled

I tried to enable multiline and set it to fillparent, the textbox, still does not work. I tried it in app, and I press the enter key, it increases the height a little bit but no more.
How do I fix?

Why are you typing rubbish? This is App Inventor, not Android Studio!

Stop using ChatGPT for writing answers.
These are completely irrelevant to App Inventor.

2 Likes

We should suspend them if they keep on writing answers like that...
People like @warnersmith spam here to waste their own time and ours....

I am new here. I am just trying to help you guyz

Instead of using ChatGPT, help us with what you know. You are not considered bad if you don't help anybody here...

We won't accept excuses like "I'm new here". We are smart people, you are fooling yourself by spamming garbage.

You know what you are actually doing, you are destroying this community's reputation as a whole!
UNACCEPTABLE

You might be new, but do not spam at least!

1 Like

I silenced him for one day.

2 Likes

Good.

What are you referring to? Can you explain deeper your design and what is not working for you?

I am reffering to a textbox. I tried setting it to Fill Parent Height, but it didn't work, also tried MultiLine enabled, which also didn't help.
I used the designer properties for this...
I did not use any blocks...

It is working for me...do you have scrollable screen? the text box is inside any arrangement?

1 Like

I have textbox inside a fixed vertical arrangement whose height is also Fill parent...
I don't have scrollable screen...

Maybe you have other components occupying the height of the screen and that leaves little space for the textBox?

1 Like

I have created a test project and it works there fine...not sure why it wouldn't work here...
But I don't have any components occupying the screen, it is just 2 buttons below with auto height... :confused:

what happens if you set the textBox.Height to Automatic?

Same thing...

If you want to share the aia...to see the complete design...

Ok...

Issue is in screen 'CreatePost'

AtlantisWithoutDB.aia (42.8 KB)

I have only removed FirebaseDB components so nobody can check the database tokens and URLs...

Maybe I'm not understanding the problem correctly...

With the HA and the textBox to Automatic Height:

With the HA and the textBox to FillParent:

1 Like

seems like for you it shows fillparent how it should, it works for you when you use it , but for me it doesn't work even after i set HA to fill parent.....
this is strange...