Text and Label Issues on the v 2.64.6 Companion

I detect the problem in the TextBox. The issues was generated by the TextBox not run in iOS with Multiline=True. I put all the TextBoxes with Multiline=False and all the problems for the TextBox are solved .

The question is, do the problems mentioned arise in general or only with more complex layouts? To get to the bottom of this, one should start at the bottom (i.e. with simple layouts). So again, what is the problem with posting a simple test aia?

Very simple. As in this case: Not putting exactly the detected problem. The reason is that simple.

The problem in this case is simply that the iOS TextBox not runs with Multiline. Not have a direct error but runs bad and does strange things as I have reported. In my case not runs with Multiline. I have changed all teh txt box to Multiline = False and all the text box run as we hope.

For me is a problem to know when is complex or easy design. I thing it depends of the app procedures. How many layouts is the limit?

As soon as a text box is set to multiline (regardless of whether in the designer or via blocks) and the text of the text box is set in the designer or via blocks, a subsequent color change results in the hint text being displayed (and in its standard color " light gray") although the text color still returns "blue" (Do it result).

textbox.aia (2.8 KB)

Only when text has been entered manually using the keyboard (which, by the way, is the purpose of a text box) does everything work without any problems.

Tested only with Companion.
@ewpatton

The problem ii my case happens when you put an adittional Hint text (not only Text)

:question:

"Pista" means "Hint" in spanish.

See also here.

1 Like

You can test on my aia.
With Multiline = false and the Hint BEFORE the Text. The Hint and the Text are diferrent and OK.

But, with Multiline = true and the Hint AFTER the Text the result is WRONG. The Hint change the Text.

Sorry. The blocks in english (are in my aia):

In the tests you can change the order of Hint and Text.

Did you test my aia (textbox.aia)? And did you read my explanations too?

In your text aia has not the Hint block.

Whith your aia I have the same mistake as I have reported:

The Hint change the Text: Multiline=true and the blocks in the order that I have tested.

Whith multiline = false then runs well:

With the Multiline = true and the Hint before the Test runs wrong:

That means the Multiline is teh responsbible of the issue. I think.

Did I say anything else?
But after entering the text using the keyboard, it works fine.

I lost the text of the Data Base to show in the text field. The user can modify it if he can show it. For me is a mistake in the iOS platform (in Android is good).

And again

1 Like