Testers Wanted: Google Sheets component

We have updated the unreleased Google Sheets component from 2020, developed by @Tommy_Heng.

It is available on a test server here: http://srlane-test.uc.r.appspot.com

The Companion to use is here: MITAI2Companion-full.apk - Google Drive

It should behave the same as his explanation here: Built In Google Sheets Component for App Inventor

However, note that the exact setup process for connecting to a personally-owned sheet has changed due to changes on Google's end. Our setup documentation has been updated. You can find it here: Google Sheets API Setup

We would appreciate feedback from anyone who can try it out. We're hoping to release soon.

6 Likes

When I insert the GoogleSheets component into the Designer screen, all the components in MIT Companion screen (v. 2.62) disappear.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: you are so fussy Juan :joy:

5 Likes

there should be a companion download link under Help, and there isn't. i will fix that asap.

2 Likes

I added the Companion for download in the original post. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

If anyone is testing, please pause. I accidentally loaded the wrong build. I'll comment when it's fixed.

3 Likes

This should be fixed now.

4 Likes

There are errors when there are empty intermediate cells.

With colNumber:1 it doesn't work, because there are empty intermediate cells in this column.
With colNumber:2 it does work.

sheet33

Don't add the value to row 6, it adds it to row 3 because it is the first one that is empty.

sheet44

Got this errror:

sheet55

Got
[["This is cell A1"],[""],["Célula A5"]]

I think you should get the following, since there are three empty cells in that column:

[["This is cell A1"],[""],[""],[""],["Célula A5"]]

4 Likes

Thanks. This is very useful.

1 Like