Taifun Email Extension

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying, but my mail extension is able to send an email without user interaction, you only have to define everything inside your app like username, password, smtp host and smtp port, see also Q8 here for a very simple use case App Inventor Extensions: Mail | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

After upgrading MIT App Inventor Built: August 25 2021 Version: nb187b the TaifunMail extension stopped working. Any advice ??

well the extension is still working, what you have to consider are the new restrictions concerning accessing files after the SDK30 release... you can't access arbitrary directories anymore... you can find a lot of threads about this here in the community... for attachments to your email to send, just add them from the ASD - application specific directory...

EDIT: are you getting an error message? which one?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Any news on this?

I can confirm that it is not working anymore.

Screenshot_1

With Android 9:
--> true
--> success

With Android 11 nothing happens, no response

Are you using a Gmail address as sender?
Let me do some tests tomorrow...

Taifun

I tried both, my own and Gmail

Great, thank you very much !!!

PS: I tried another Email extension:

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/smtpclient-an-extension-to-send-emails-using-smtp-server/23468

The same problem, under Android 11 nothing happens, under Android 11 everything is fine!

EDIT: I dont know if this is important, but in an app using your email extension and which was installed on the phone some weeks ago (before new release of AI), the Mail is working, even on Adroid 11

So just in new compiled apps Emails are not working

You would like to show blocks.

1 Like

I will show them in your post to keep it clean here

see this Google bug report Google Issue Tracker
I'm working o a fix...

Taifun

1 Like

Great, thank you very much !!!!

@wikki74 @kalenda the mail extension is now fixed... :partying_face:
you can download the latest version 3 from the download folder...
Thank you again for your report.

Taifun

2 Likes

Great to hear, thank you very much again!!!

However, unfortunately I have no download link :slight_smile:

You sent the extension by Mail to me (2016 or 2017), could you please send me a link to the download folder?

see my personal message to you
Taifun

Finally, with the Mail extension upgrade everything is working again !

Thank you very much again @Taifun for the great and fast support !!

Hi Taifun,
I use your email extension and it has always worked correctly.
I replaced the From account with a Gmail account and now it doesn't work anymore.
What can I do?
Thank you

See the Q&A section here App Inventor Extensions: Mail | Pura Vida Apps
Taifun

from where can I download your mail extension?

It is a paid extension. You'll have to purchase it first to get aix file.

1 Like

Please see the large green box on the bottom of this page

Taifun