Speech recognition : language selection?

Hi,

I use the feature SpeechRecognizer but I find it not very good at guessing what language I’m speaking.

Is there a way to set up SpeechRecognizer for a particular language (recognition) or will it always try itself to recognize the language ?

I’m asking you guys because I find no options for that in the properties tab in the designer view of MITAI2.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Acoma

you can do this using the speech recognizer extension

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Thank you very much, it looks like a great resource !

Very good extension Taifun. I found only an annoying thing (I am just testing and it is not very important in my case): calling SupportedLanguages returns the error " Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.content.Intent.resolveTypeIfNeeded(android.content.ContentResolver)' on a null object reference
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds." Tested on Android 11.

thank you for the error report... I will check...
Taifun

Happens using companion (so debugging), asap I will check also the apk, I can check it on Android 8, 10 and 11. I will update you.

I now updated the extension and tested it using the companion app on Samsung Galaxy A51 running Android 11
please check again Version 2a downloadable from the download section here https://puravidaapps.com/speechRecognizer.php
thank you

Taifun

1 Like

Yessss.... for me now it works perfectly, well done!