About available/known languages in translator, speech recognizer and text to speech components

Hello, I am checking the components dealing with languages. I noted that the Text To Speech component is the only one to return a list of the available/known languages (and also countries). Instead, both the Translator and the Speech Recognizer do not provide their list. Is there any other way to know the supported languages by them? May be the same supported by TTS?

Try the speech recognizer extension

Taifun

TTS .. Let me know the language and country codes of the google TTS .

I believe the Translate component uses Amazon Translate currently. Amazon Translate supports translation between the following 75 languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dari, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, French (Canada), Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Mongolian, Marathi, Norwegian, Farsi (Persian), Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Portugal), Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Spanish (Mexico), Swahili, Swedish, Filipino Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, and Welsh. See this documentation page for more details.

Also regarding Translate:

Methods

RequestTranslation(languageToTranslateTo,textToTranslate)

By providing a target language to translate to (for instance, ‘es’ for Spanish, ‘en’ for English, or ‘ru’ for Russian), and a word or sentence to translate, this method will request a translation. Once the text is translated by the external service, the event GotTranslation will be executed.

Note: Translator will attempt to detect the source language. You can also specify prepending it to the language translation, e.g., es-ru will specify Spanish to Russian translation.

1 Like