Sound playback and saving error (701 and 703)

Hi,
I am using a wave recorder extension to perform high quality recordings. But after recording is done, no playback is possible due to error 701: unable to load (...). As well as the saving of the audio (error 703). I saw this is a very common problem but no one of the topics helped me. I am using "wavesoundrecorder" from GitHub - G10DRAS/WavSoundRecorderExtension: Wav Sound Recorder Extension for App Inventor 2.

Hi Fulvio

We can't see your Blocks properly!

In App Inventor, right-mouse in the Blocks work area and select "Download Blocks as image".

Does the sample Project file provided by the Extension Developer work on your device?

Wave Files can be large, that might be an issue for saving. Where you can save any file depends on your Android version, the safest place being the ASD (App Specific Directory) which you will need to create the first time the App is run.

1 Like

Oh, I'm sorry, thank you for the tip, I will provide new pictures. If you mean "does my device support the .wav extension?" , yes it does (alternatively I didn't catch your question). So I will go for the ASD :slight_smile:

Thank you Anke, I'm going to chek this solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, you guys were right, thank to ASD extension playback works!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.