SmtpClient: An extension to send emails using SMTP server

Thanks Tim, I know it.

Today I tested again and the same problem, checking te internet conexión previously and it didn't work

Any other idea?

Thanks in advance

No, you can check if there is any firewall blocking mail feature.
Otherwise, show a message to user to try again after some time.

Thanks for the reply

I have checked it in my wife's phone and it both works correctly, via wifi and data connection.

I assume that my Pixel 6a has a safety configuration as a firewal or somethin like that. Somebody with the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Yes, there were few reports similar to this for FtpClient extension. Users were able to connect to the server with a particular connection ( either wifi or mobile) but not with both. It was quite random.

Ok, thanks for the information.

I will notice to my students

Regards

ChangeLog Version 1.5

• Updated libs
  • Migrated to Rush
    Reduced aix size by 50%

com.sunny.SmtpClient.aix (444.4 KB)

No deps version to be used with ImapClient extension:
com.sunny.SmtpClient-no_deps.aix (11.1 KB)

3 Likes

Error

See this Stackoverflow answer: You have enabled Two phase authentication for your Google account and as a result applications will not be able to login to your Google account using the actual password. Google expects you to generate a application specific password for each application you use (and give it a name) and then use that password to login to your Google account from your application. This allows you to not give your password to third party application when you have 2-step authentication enabled. See here what to do.

Taifun

Perfect. Thanks!

Hello,

this is a great extension, but I don't get an email. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!
Greetings Heiko :v:

You are using gmail. See the posts above yours!

Sorry, but I'm stuck, where can the mistake be? Here are three more blocks.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 200845
Screenshot 2023-09-12 201211
Screenshot 2023-09-12 201117

for Gmail you need to set up App passwords as explained earlier SmtpClient: An extension to send emails using SMTP server - #210 by Taifun

for GMX I would try SSL together with port 465
Taifun

Oh, now I get it too. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: Thank you for your help!!

bonjour j'ai ce code d'erreur quand je lance l'application avec l'extension smtp client voici le code d'erreur
com sun mail util mailconnectexception couldn t connect to host, port: stmp.gmail.com,465; timeout 10000

merci thank you

Shouldn't host be smtp.gmail.com instead of stmp.gmail.com ?

1 Like

Generate App Specific Password.

I use this code become hes not work Screenshot-2023-10-29-14-06-11-902-com-mi-globalbrowser @vknow360

You seem to be using two accounts on community.
Which one should I delete?
Only one account is allowed here.

1 Like

You should put your app name there.
Then you will get a password for your email which you can use in SmtpClient extension.