SmtpClient: An extension to send emails using SMTP server

Nevermind the same image is now coming for every instance.

how do i fix that
(also while trying to get the do it for get image i am unable to access due to it coming grey in the options)

Edit: Now none of the options are lettting me use 'do it'

Edit 2: could anyone respond? i only have another hour left? would appreciate it thanks

You need to be connected to the companion app for Do it to work.

Put the value of image to a label, then you can see it without needing to run Do it.

:question:

What do you mean by this?

Screenshot (1034)
what am i supposed to do here
(sry if i seem stupid but i dont understand)

You are trying to use Do it inside an event/procedure that requires an input, probably in your case the image from the camera. This, however, will only exist inside the event, you cannot run a Do it on it. Set image to a label then you can see the output of image.

im afraid i really dont follow but according to this msg it should be like this?

could somebody help? i only have 15 mins remaining for my deadline. (please be paitent with me im rly new to mit app inventor)

Can somebody help? (i realize i am whining but i realy need to finish this and im past the deadline already)

show a screenshot of your updated blocks
Taifun

You changed the blocks according to Tim's advice, now take a picture in the app and show what you got in the label5.

could u just tell me what blocks to change

i got confused as to what he was saying

Unbenannt2

Taifun

Screenshot (1036)

i now get this instead of a path

When i said it worked i didnt realize that the image coming every time was the same one as i had put that path instead of diffrent pics coming according to the input

forgot to tag my bad :arrow_up:

@Taifun pls reply i have to finish this please

well, obviously you first have to take a picture...
then use Do it onto the get Label5.Text to get a Do it result
then you can try @Kevinkun 's suggestion and remove the file:// before sending the email... you can use the replace block from the text drawer for that...

Taifun

in the app while using it i cant change the code everytime i take a new pic tho so...

How will i automatically put in the do it result if that is possible

you have to get it running successfully only once...
up to now you did not find the issue...
is it the file path, is it something else? to find it out, you use Do it... are you able to show us a reasonable Do it result?

see also this remark from post 134

Taifun

see also post 45 and 47... we were already talking about the same thing previously

Taifun

Even after this code it comes wrong and gives the same error
but before while using this code i think i had one success