Should I convert my apps from AppInventor 1 to AppInventor2?

Hi,
I have developped a few applications on MitAppInventor1, but I see that MitAppInventor2 is here.

Will version 1 be removed in the future ?

Should I convert my applications on Version 2 ? if yes, how to proceed ?

Thank you very much

And, would be better if you go through the complete discussion thread.

1 Like

Thank you very much: but is AppInventor1 supposed to be abandoned in the future, or will it be maintained for years ?

Thanks

It's dead.

App Inventor 1 (App Inventor Classic) was abandoned several years ago. It is outdated and does not exist anymore.

Rebuild your App Inventor Classic Projects using App Inventor 2

Not a good news, but I understand that I have no choice....

Thank you for the info

App Inventor has now included several new components and lots of new functions in App Inventor 2. The blocks aren't too different, it is just getting use to the new color scheme.

1 Like

The link given above: http://convert.appinventor.mit.edu/
seems useful, but it says:
Save the AI1 project you wish to convert as a .zip file as follows:

1. Use My Projects to list your projects;
  2. Click the checkbox of the project you wish to save
  3. Select More Options>Download Source. This will download an AI1 project source .zip file to your computer

But it seems that there is no "More Options" on my screen: I have posted a screen capture here (is it possible to insert an image in this forum ?...):
https://mega.nz/file/NjozmQiR#1kunX1mkO8iHg69Cgd2LtyGROF3oKaYWJAzXOYADdjA

Where is this "More Options" button ?

You are already using AI2...there is no need to convert AI2 projects back to AI2.

1 Like

The tool referred to is no longer available Elodie. Note that post linked to is several years old. You can no longer use the tool that helps convert. You must convert manually.

As Gordon suggests, instead just use App Inventor 2. :slight_smile:

Here are some resources to help you learn to use the AI2 tools. A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.

There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps

How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also look here App inventor español. Offline. Tutorial. Ejemplos. Instalación. Códigos. Juegos. Curso gratis de App inventor. and here Tutorial Index | Imagnity for more tutorials

Learn about components Component Reference
and visit the Library The MIT App Inventor Library: Documentation & Support Help>Library on the MENU

You are already using AI2...there is no need to convert AI2 projects back to AI2.

:rofl: Incredible: I add developped these apps 1 year ago and I just restart to work on it : I had forgotten that I had used AI2 !!

Sorry for having asked a so stupid question ! :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.