Screen rotation help

My Android 12 and 11 also has same problem

I have 4 android phones, lg G8, xiaomi Mi a1, samsung Xcover 5 and google Nexus 5. Different OSs different manufacturers. and They all show same rotation problem when run apps which built with App Inventor while other apps doesn't. I just put this issue aside now but i'll appreciate if someone could find any solution.

I linked some of my apps if wants to test.
downloadable my apps from Google Play
malLangKor
roadLang

Enjoy your day!

Hello Digvijay

We need to see your Project for a Single-Screen App that demonstrates the problem (just a small "hello world").

Hi

Tell us what the orientation of your Apps should be.

malLangKor is Portrait
roadLang is Portrait
Tested on Huawei P30 Pro Android 10

I set all screen orientation 'Portrait'

The Developers are on Thanksgiving Holiday so we have to wait before we can ask if it could be a new AI2 bug.

We need to know the details of the devices - Make/Exact Model/Android Version

• nice GUI design by the way!
1 Like

you might want to try

Taifun

I just tested simple text app with screen orientation 'Portrait'. and it also has same rotation problem.
(Android 12, Samsung X cover5 with One UI 4.1)

screenOrientationTEST.aia (1.2 KB)

1 Like

I have tried similar approaching in my app too. somehow It helped to hide unwanted animation.

Companion and APK, both Portrait, Tested on Huawei P30 Pro Android 10.

If, on launch, the phone is held in Landscape, the App Screen is momentarily displayed in Landscape before setting to Portrait. This is the anomaly that Dora's work-around fixed. Not the same issue?

1 Like

I think you catch the exact isssue. like you said, on launch, the phone is held in landscape, the App screen is momentarily displayed in landscape before setting to portrait. so is already known issue and has the solution?

We have once again discussed this known problem intensively and extensively - and I think finally - on Niotron. So read the entire thread carefully:

This was my final statement:

1 Like

so this bug wont be fixed untill next update?

It might never be fixed - who knows... :wink:

:zipper_mouth_face: hopefully it does

This problem has existed on all AI2 distros for many years. So I have little hope... :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

hopefully the dev fixes them, because its really annoying for any user to see constant screen rotation

It is not necessarily an issue on the App side, it could be the fault of the device manufacturer's contribution to Android. As Anke showed in an earlier post, some devices have their own setting for screen orientation, independent of the Apps, so everyone should disable that (if possible). Of course, the fact that recently the Companion Screen sets itself to Landscape if the phone isn't held in portrait (or is simply not being held) might be a clue that the bug is on the App side, since this behaviour is relatively new (nb190?)

I had not noticed the issue until this Topic was raised because usually an App is portrait mode and I hold the phone in portrait, so I don't think it is really sooo bad.

(added to new Bugs section of FAQ)