Remove zoom buttons from web viewer, use device back button

Right now I just have a web viewer component on Screen1. I'm noticing that zoom buttons pop up. Is there any way to disable them?

Lastly, is there a way that I can use my device's built-in back button to go back one webpage. I have a Google Pixel 3a and there is an on-screen back button. However, when I press it, it just closes out of the app.

The zoom capability is defined in the HTML file itself, so that would have to be edited out - specifically, "user-scalable" should be set to "no".

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">

That's the Android default, so not recommended to change it given that the Users expect this behaviour. For your personal use, it can be done thus:

Snap3

1 Like

This is great, thank you so much! I edited my website code and indeed the zoom buttons do not appear anymore. So I assume Screen1.BackPressed refers to the back button built into the phone, and NOT pressing the background of the screen? I added that code and it now functions as a back button would in the Chrome app. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.