QR Code Generator problem

Hi,

I tried to generate a QR Code like indicated in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTn7NN-DdOc), but when i click in the Button, a message appears saying:
"Error 908: The permission WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE has been denied. Please enable it in the Settings app".

How can i resolve it, please ?

1 Like

Show your permission blocks

1 Like

My blocks :

blocks

1 Like

Is this your full code give me full code

1 Like

It's the code of Screen2, i don't think the code of Screen1 will help you (by clicking in a button in Screen1, you toggle to Screen2), but if you want it, i will give it to you.

1 Like

Where does the extension try to save the file to? It could be /storage/emulated/0 ?
What android version is your device ? If < 9 then the device default save path will not be as above but in your application specific directory, you will need to add this to the path.

1. You will need to put something in your text block
  2. If running a compiled app, you may need to give the permission WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
1 Like

In screen1 When screen1 initialise call screen1 ask for permission permission name is android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

1 Like

[mod edit - no personal information allowed....]
brother if you need help contact me on whatsapp #####

1 Like

Is that what you mean ? (i did what you told me to do)

blocks 2

1 Like

Can you be more explicit, please ?

1 Like

This is being generated using the companion app on an Android 10 device, therefore the save location is in your application specific directory.

You may need to check that you have a Pictures directory created there.

If you are using Android 11, you will need a file extension in your app to check the file locations...

1 Like

Sorry but i still haven't understood ! :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

answer all questions, follow the suggestions and provide a screenshot of your latest relevant blocks

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

My Android version is 11

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Still doesn't work unfortunately !!! Same error message:
"Error 908: The permission WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE has been denied. Please enable it in the Settings app."

1 Like

Having tested, I believe there is an issue with the extension.

I have worked up and tested (on Android 11 device) a demo apk/aia using @vknow360 's qr extension and filetools extension.

Try this, which is built for Android 10 + :

AIA
createQRCode.aia (45.3 KB)

APK
Create QR Code

2 Likes

I just tried it however same problem, same error message !

1 Like

Did you try Tim's example using the Companion or after building and installing the apk? I experienced a similar message using different extension which appeared using Companion but disappeared after installing the app.

1 Like