Problem with Taifun's zip-extension

I would like to use the Taifun zip extension to zip a folder in the ASD and unzip it in a further step.

Packing the folder works without any problems and a zip file is saved in the ASD. The content is correct with the following structure.

Contents of the folder and in the zipped file in the ASD ..../>appname</files/:

Pictures/RID1/jpf-files
/RID2/jpf-files (under /Pictures)
/RID3/jpf-files (under /Pictures)

The problem occurs when unpacking the zip file. The extension actually unpacks into the external memory, which is no longer writable since Android 10.
If I unpack the file , the following structure is created in the ASD:

Pictures/Pictures/RID1/jpf-files
/RID2/jpf-files
/RID3/jpf-files

One "Pictures" folder is created too many and therefore the unpacked structure does not correspond to the structure when packing.

Where is the error, in the block I programmed or in the extension that has problems writing to ASD.

Taifun, can you please help me? I had already emailed you my code snippets.

Frank

Show your blocks.

Here the blocks:

Block to zip:

Block to unzip:

Frank

Ok, but where is the problem with that?
What is the goal? What do you expect?

Don't use a pre-defined directory name, like Pictures. This may already have been created by the system. Use a directory name that you create and is specific to your app. You may also need to create a sub directory to handle the zipping/unzipping.

The Shared folder /Pictures is writable on all Android versions (also on Android 10 and 11+).
But in your blocks you used the ASD (which is also fine and it doesn't require storage permission starting with API 19).

@Anke
I created a "Pictures" folder in the ASD, so .../>appname</files/Pictures

Is that the problem? So do I need to use a different folder name?

Frank

This folder is created automatically if you use the Camera component for example (on Android 10+).

Try this:

Thanks Anke, I tried it. Unfortunately this is not the solution for me.

The unzip command now produces an Images folder in the ASD and below that the Pictures folder with all subfolders. However, my app writes its information in the Pictures folder directly in the ASD.

In deutsch:
Meine App speichert Bilder in Unterordner RID1, RID2, RID3 usw. im ASD im Ordner Pictures.

Taifun's zip-Befehl funktioniert super. Es wird genau die Struktur Pictures/RID1/Bild.jpg abgebildet.

Der Unzip-Befehl von Taifuns extension schreibt aber in einen Ordner Picuters im ASD und darunter die Struktur wie im zip-File. Es liegen also alle Daten einen Ordner in der Struktur zu tief.

Deine Empfehlung die Datei Pictures.zip umzukopieren in images.zip folgt der selben Logik. Beim Entpacken entsteht der Ordner Images und darunter die korrekte Struktur. Also auch eine Eben zu tief. Das bringt mir leider nicht die Lösung.

Eventuell hat Taifun ja noch eine Idee.

Frank

Es ist doch kein Problem, diese Dateien in einen beliebigen anderen Ordner im ASD zu verschieben / kopieren. Wo sollen diese denn am Ende sein?

There is no problem to move/copy these files to any other folder in the ASD. Where are these supposed to be at the end?

Wo kommen denn diese Unterordner her? Zeige mal den Inhalt des Ordners /Pictures im ASD.

Where do these subfolders come from? Show the contents of the /Pictures folder in the ASD.

Hallo Anke,

den Ordner Pictures habe ich selbst angelegt in der App. Dorthin kopiere ich in die Unterverzeichnisse RID1 usw. Bilder von der Kamera oder aus der Galerie.

Natürlich könnte ich den Pfad überall in der App ändern. Wenn es keine andere Möglichkeit gibt, mache ich das auch.

Gibt es einen Befehl zum Verschieben ganzer Ordner inklusive Unterordnern und Dateien?
Dann könnte ich auch alles eine Ebene höher verschieben und bräuchte nichts weiter ändern.

Alle Filetools die ich bisher gesehen habe, verschieben nur einzelne Dateien,keine ganzen Ordner.

Eine andere Möglichkeit ist, wenn Taifun sein unzip-Befehl so anpasst, dass man den Zielordner angeben kann. Ob das möglich ist, kann uns nur Taifun beantworten.

Anke, nochmals danke für deine super Hilfe. Mal sehen, das ich meine App weiter entwickeln kann. Ich möchte nur die Informationen aus der App packen und dann in Google Drive speichern und eventuell wieder herstellen.

Gruß Frank

Ich denke, ich habe einen Weg gefunden (mit der KIO4_Terminal extension von @Juan_Antonio).

I think I found a way (using @Juan_Antonio's KIO4_Terminal extension).

Screenshot

grafik

Try this app on your test devices and report if it works for you:

@Anke,

yes it works for me under Android 12.

Is there an aia-file?

Frank