Problem with signing app

Hi,
I have a big problem with signing my application. I cannot generate a new key.jks. When I do this, I always get an error saving the key. Android Studio and APK Editor Studio are affected. I cannot sign the application in any of these programs. I really don't know how to do this. All descriptions do not provide for the problems I have encountered. Additionally, there is a problem in Android Studio with the Gradle plugin which I cannot update. Attempts to reinstall the program do nothing. Any tips? I am not a programmer and I do everything by trial and error.

These links may help with App Inventor 2 apps

App signing,How to sign an apk made in mit using the keystore exported from mit app inventor?

Ok, I can export keystore but i can't convert it to PEM format witch is required by Google. How do that?

Ok. I finally found the solution. I found it on github, and it's:

Sign android app with new keystore file if you missing password or lost jks file.

1. Create new keystore.jks file with comand line (not android studio build menu)Linux: keytool -genkeypair -alias upload -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 9125 -keystore keystore.jks Windows: "C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre\bin\keytool.exe" -genkeypair -alias upload -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 9125 -keystore "C:\keystore_new.jks"
  2. Generate a .pem file from new keystoreLinux: keytool -export -rfc -alias upload -file upload_certificate.pem -keystore keystore.jks Windows: "C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre\bin\keytool.exe" -export -rfc -alias upload -file "C:\upload_cert.pem" -keystore "C:\keystore_new.jks"
  3. Use this support form, set "keystore problem" and with attachment add .pem file: General Play Console issues - Play Console Help
  4. 12-48h you new keystore is enabled. Update your app on playstore with new apk signed with new keystore :smiley:
1 Like

There is a new problem. After importing a new keystore to AI2 when i want to build app apk file, it's showing error:

Boban thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.