PC Laptop Issue

They put the Windows 10 software again on my laptop.
But this time, some sound of a high frequency would be produced when the laptop starts.
After a day, the sound is produced, but the Laptop is stuck at the loading screen.

Lets continue the discussion (if you wish to know more) in private message cuz this post isn't a place for such discussions I think.

It's fine here, other people may benefit.

That's an unusual fault.

1 Like

All these ways of fixing would go in vain, because of the above.

But it may be my hard drive.
BTW, my laptop's storage wasn't even near 1/20 of filling.

Try loading Windows in Safe Mode first.

1 Like

That cannot be done.
Cuz, its stuck at a point before the point you can activate Safe mode.

OK, so to achieve Safe Mode, use a Windows Recovery Disc (you may have made one when you first had the Laptop). If you have a Windows 10 CD/DVD you could repair Windows using that, if not access to another PC:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

By the way, if your Laptop is still under warranty, tell the Vendor that if they cannot restore it, the should replace it.... :thinking:

....it's always a good idea to have a USB drive to backup your data and software. I simply copy the entire drive (Macrium Reflect). Needed the backup several times over the years.

1 Like

I changed the category since we are way off topic from the original question.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don't have it.

It was, on the last month of warranty the problem started, but we couldn't go out fue to Covid Lockdown.

I actually don't have too mucj important data on my Laptop so I don't backup everything. I just backup some important data to my Google Drive.

That's good.

Do you have access to another PC somewhere so you can download recovery tools to a CD/DVD or USB stick?

1 Like

Nope that is my first and only PC.

I think I have to go to a Lenovo Service Center now (Cuz my laptop is of the Lenovo company).
That might be my last option.
But not getting time.

1 Like

Lenovo are a top make for industry, surprised it has this fault.

1 Like

Yes, agree, I do have Lenovo - ThinkPad. Really great product.

1 Like

Now, I'm surprised with this. LOL :joy:

Here is what I saw when I tried to open my Laptop once again :

It says :

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

File :\Windows\system32\config\system
Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again

Press F1 to enter Recovery Environment

Press F8 for Startup Settings

Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings

I also have a Lenovo laptop. First thing I did was replacing Windows with Linux Mint. :wink:

4 Likes

But I want to go with Windows cuz, I like Windows the most.

Could you explain about the error ?

I'm quite confused cuz they are saying the a System file is missing or contains errors.

But I don't even delete an image from my Laptop. So when or why did I delete a System file ? Or is it that it contains errors ? But then where could the error come from ?

Also another thing, I knew 2 years after I bought the Laptop, that the Windows software they sold me is not genuine. But that is not even mentioned in the error.

Don't know. I don't like Windows :wink:

2 Likes