[PAID] Firebase Cloud Messaging - An Extension for Sending Push Notifications with Firebase Cloud Messaging

icon Firebase Cloud Messaging

Hello everyone, I am here with my new extension that is Firebase Cloud Messaging. This extension helps you to deliver push notifications and messages to your app like One Signal push notifications. You can send notifications or messages to a specific group or topic after subscribing for specific users and You can also send to individual users by their user tokens.

Let see its blocks and their documentation

All Blocks

Designer Properties

Documentation

Let see the documentation now.

Message Received

This event raises when a message is received. No notification will be shown when a message received.

Notification Received

This event raises when a push notification is received. You can send push notification with API or Send Notification block. Returns the id, title, body and data from the notification. You can use the id to clear the notification with ClearNotification block.

Subscribed

This event raises when you subscribed a topic. Returns the topic name when subscription is success otherwise Error Occurred event will be triggered.

Unsubscribed

This event raises when you unsubscribed a topic. Returns the topic name when unsubscription is success otherwise Error Occurred event will be triggered.

Error Occurred

This event raises when any error is occurred. Returns the error in string.

Message Sent

This event raises when you used Send Message block and message is sent successfully. Return the response returned by Firebase that contains message id.

Notification Sent

This event raises when you used Send Notification block and notification is sent and shown successfully. Return the response returned by Firebase that contains message id.

Initialize

Initializes the Firebase Messaging Component. You must set your API details first before calling it.

IsInitialized

Return true if the Firebase Messaging Component is initialized.

Get Token

Get user token which can be used to send notifications to user personally, You will get the token in GotToken event or if failed then Error Occurred will be triggered.

Subscribe

This block subscribe a topic to receive all notification or messages on that particular topic. Subscribed event will be triggered when it success with topic name.

Unsubscribe

Unsubscribe a subscribed topic user would not be able to receive notification of that topic then. Unsubscribed event will be triggered when it success.

OpenScreenOnNotificationClick

This block stores the screen which will be opened when the notification will be clicked. You can pass the start value too.

Clear Notification

This block clear the notification for given id. You can get the id from Notification Received event.

SendMessageToTokens

This block send the message to given list of user tokens. Push Notification will not be shown. After sent successfully, Message Sent event will be triggered with response. And for other users Message Received event will be triggered.

data :- data parameter accept a dictionary with the data or message that you want to send.

SendMessageToTopic

This block send the message to given topic. Push Notification will not be shown. After sent successfully, Message Sent event will be triggered with response. And for other users Message Received event will be triggered. All users that has subscribed this topic will receive the message.

data :- data parameter accept a dictionary with the data or message that you want to send.

SendNotificationToTokens

This block send the Push Notification to given list of user tokens. A Push Notification will be shown to all given users tokens and on clicked the screen will be opened that is given with given start Value. Notification Sent event will be triggered for user that sent the notification and Notification Received event will be triggered if the app is open.

title :- Title of the push notification.
body :- Content text of the push notification.
largeIcon :- A large icon that will be shown right side of the notification. It can be null.

SendNotificationToTopic

This block send the Push Notification to given topic. A Push Notification will be shown to all users that has subscribed this topic and on clicked the screen will be opened that is given with given start Value. Notification Sent event will be triggered for user that sent the notification and Notification Received event will be triggered if the app is open.

title :- Title of the push notification.
body :- Content text of the push notification.
largeIcon :- A large icon that will be shown right side of the notification. It can be null.

API Details

These property set the API details of the firebase.

Enable Sound

Enable the sound on notification.

Small Icon

Set the small icon of the notification

Usage

Before able to receive the notifications from firebase you have to initialize the Firebase Messaging Component with your API details.

Details Required

• Web API Key :- Web API key of your project located at Project Setting.
  • App ID :- App ID of your app that you have added located at Project Setting.
  • Project ID :- ID of your project located at Project Setting.
  • Sender ID :- Sender ID of your project located at Project Setting -> Cloud Messaging
  • Server Key (for sending notifications) :- Server Key located at Project Setting -> Cloud Messaging

Initializing the Firebase

After filling all the details just call initialize block to initialize the Firebase.

Error Occurred will be raised if the initialization failed by any error.

Subscribing Topics

Sending Notification

Notification Click

Preview

Price

Paytm/UPI :- ₹700
PayPal :- 11$

How to buy the extension :

Donate

Credit

Thanks @shreyash for the super power full Rush .
Thanks @vknow360 for helping me in this extension. You helped me a lot thank you again my friend.

Like the extension if you like it :+1:

Suggestion and issue are welcome

Thanks you
Sumit ​
:wink:

10 Likes

This is the error I get:
You didnt buy the extension/component so you can’t use it until you buy it

You should elaborate your problem so developer can help you .

When I add the extension (which I bought) I get the error above.
I can’t even set the parameters to setup connection.

Developer have responsed this, see this thread from Kodular Community.

1 Like

Thank you, I didnt understand that you need my email for verification purposes and you need the email address that is associated with my account.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry, has this issue been resolved?
I also want to buy because some extensions I've used but to no avail, I really hope this works.
Info please.

Can this extension be used in the MIT App?

How does "Firebase Cloud Messaging" work, when users application close? Can it be made similar with google app script and google drive? Like the order we send with the web component from android app and google app script executes and reports the result of the work.

@iamwsumit
Thank you so much!
Your extension works very well! :smiley:

@Moje_3wom You'll keep asking questions if you haven't used it yet. You'll know everything if you've tried it.

This extension is great.

Hi all
Can anyone kindly explain to me how the "largeIcon" works?
What should I put/write in the text field indicated by my purple arrow?
What feature should the "largeIcon" have?
jpg or png?
standard png or transparent png?
b/w or color?
what are the maximum dimensions in pixels?
Should I put the "largeIcon" in the "assets" folder? if so, how can I indicate the right source in the text field of the "largeIcon"?
or do I have to enter an url address that refers to an icon? (if this is the right solution, can someone give me a valid url that refers to an icon so that I can try it too?)
Thanks in advance to those who will help me

did someone can make a tutorial with the basics? because I install and set everything up i thought but the app doesn't start now

Hello @iamwsumit ,
Can I test this extension for only 2 days before buying it ?

@iamwsumit
Thank you so much
Your extension works very well

1 Like

Hello Anita.

I just sent $$ via PayPal.

It should come from telewav@biesystems.com

I do have a Firebase and a OneSignal Account.

Thank you,

Carlos

How do I set up Firebase ? Do you have a youtube video or link with instructions ?

Thank you,

Carlos

1 Like

This extension does not support on app inventor, and the developer has got no fix for this

The extension isn't receiving notifications currently from the console due to android 12 changes (exported property in manifest). The notifications are still working from APIs, just as if you can't make anything work it does not mean the thing does not work.