Notification "Sorry, File To Resize Does not Exist." Help

The extension should also provide the ability to resize images in the Shared folders (e.g. /Pictures or /DCIM or /Documents ...). @Taifun

There was absolutely no reason to introduce the latest version 5 of the TaifunImage ext (ASD only).
With the old version I was able to resize images in the ASD and in the Shared folders (of course without storage permissions on Android 11+).

So my recommendation would be to continue with version 3 or 4 if these versions are still available.

Note: Version 3 is still available in the test AIAs on Taifun's website.
Maybe @Taifun will provide the old version 3 or 4 again (additionally).

Example with version 3 (tested on Android 11):

ASD with full, absolute and relative paths:

Shared folder /Pictures:

And on this occasion, here's the next bug related to and caused by DefaultFileScope, which is the following:

If DefaultFileScope was set to Legacy and you use the Camera, the app crashes after taking a photo on Android 11+. Unfortunately, one does not learn which path from the Camera component is used with Legacy.

This has further consequences, because if you cannot set DefaultFileScope to Legacy, WRITE will not be declared in the Manifest on Android 11+, which is absurdly required if you use e.g. want to work with the File component on Android 11+. In this case you have again to switch to one of the File extensions from @Taifun or @vknow360.

I'm really curious how many more bugs I can find until this is finally fixed.

2 Likes

the previous version 4 now additionally is available to download on my webpage App Inventor Extensions: Image | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

1 Like