Not broadcasting messages to all members of the broadcast list

Not really. If you use the Clock, you could reduce the TimeInterval until the app fails to send all the messages and that might allow faster activity. Experiment.

The clock helps to keep the Texting tool from sending a message before the previous message is completed. The app might work without the Clock or allow a setting of less than 1000 ms. On some phone networks, the network provider system will not allow numerous messages without a delay. Some networks will limit the number of messages that can be sent. They are all different and what happens with respect to speed and any total message limit depends on you cell phone provider

Experiment. This is your app and only you can test it

1 Like

I have come to the conclusion that clock cannot help in sending because the app deals with an external source

But I will like for it to show the word ‘sent’ when the message has been sent to participants of the broadcast list.

Yes you can display ‘sent’ when the last item in a List has been traversed. Use the advice here> Programming Your App to Make Decisions

I don’t think the ‘ if’ statement will work. The condition should be if all participants have gotten the message then a notification should show. There is no Boolean block that helps in computing that statement

You didn’t read "you can display ‘sent’ when the last item in a List has been traversed '. You asked ‘I will like for it to show the word ‘sent’ when the message has been sent to participants of the broadcast list.’ and you got an appropriate answer.

It is impossible to confirm if all participants have gotten the message using the Texting component. It is impossible to elicit an automatic message response to you when the recipients receive your texts.

You can confirm all numbers in the List have been cycled through, which indicates the messages probably have been sent. Otherwise provide a Label and display all the phone numbers to which text messages are sent; hope the message has been sent or attach a request that participants send a return message indicating they received the message. Or you simply phone them and ask if they received the message.

Or subscribe to an email handling service that might be able to confirm receipt of messages

But is it possible to use a notifier and the if statement to show that the last person has received the message

Another question I will like to ask . Does app inventor have a block which can identify the last person on the list??

blocks

This will definitely help. Thanks :blush: I

Something like this might be what you want to do

The above example is NOT the code to do everything you want, adapt it. It shows how to know how many texts were probably send . If you include the code for Label3, the example will post the numbers were used to send messages into a label.

The example shows how to indicate the last item in the List was ‘sent’ . There is code to show all the telephone numbers that you sent messages to. Modify the if to show the last item sent in the Notifier block. It doesn’t know to who you sent, only their cell phone numbers…experiment with the available List Blocks and use the tutorials for Lists as a guide to extract the last number sent. When you are successful, post a copy of the code that works for you.

Be aware, coding this confirms App Inventor’s Texting control attempted to send a text; it does not mean that your cell provider allowed the text to actually be sent or a hardware issue prevented delivery of the message. Sorry, impossible to positively confirm the messages were sent by your cell phone provider.

3 posts were split to a new topic: I think each block should have a comment on what it’s function is

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.