Not broadcasting messages to all members of the broadcast list

Hi. I had modified the broadcast hub to send message to all the members of the broadcast list instead of it’s normal task but I noticed that it will only send the message to the first member who joined the group and not the others. How do I fix that??

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

The 'to add the number ’ procedure isnt no longer part . The rest still remains

Hope it loaded

Pls I will appreciate a quick response to my question if possible . Sorry for any inconvenience

You do not appear to be iterating over the broadcast list, in order to send a text to everyone on the list?

1 Like

Pls could you explain further . Thanks

In the original tutorial, this:

I can’t see this anywhere in your blocks (or something like it)

1 Like

I will try it out to see if it will work. Thanks a bunch :blush:

Sorry but the blocks you showed me is contradicting with the button procedure

It now only allows one person to join the broadcast hub/list

what about adjusting the logic to your needs?
unfortunately we can't see what you are doing without a screenshot of your relevant blocks

Taifun

1 Like

I already sent a screenshot. Nothing has been changed

Can poor wifi or connectivity prevent the app from compiling properly??

Just be patient and wait if someone wants to help you.

1 Like

I’ll wait then but I really need a response. Sorry for any inconvenience

Tim posted Blocks that use the for each item in a list block in a new Button in your Project (Button2 perhaps). In order to send a message to every phone number in a list, don’t you think you need to tell the Program to do something with each item in the list? Perhaps send the message.

Are you afraid of experimenting? What have you tried? Create a new Button (perhaps keep everything else the same as in your broadcast hub app). Why? Because you probably need the phone numbers that are in the existing BroadcastList block The for each item in list blocks will execute the call Texting.SendMessageDirect Block for each phone number.

Take a break . Read and do the List tutorial by Sajal which shows how to use that Block.

or do the exercises in Programming Lists of Data

Do you like puzzles? The Block scrambled puzzle is a possible solution (it also uses a Clock to space out the timing of sending the sms messages)

ALL the Blocks you need are there. You just need to place them in the proper place. Read and do the tutorials and then put the Blocks together. You need to learn to code, not merely copy Blocks…maybe the puzle will help.

1 Like

Thank u for ur help. I tried doing it and it worked . I was wondering is there any way to speed up the sending of the messages just like WhatsApp nd all those communication apps

But the advantage of my app is that it ensures everyone in the broadcast list to get the message

Does the clock help in any way to make this happen