No Bluetooth list on Samsung A23

Hello,
I don't know if it's an APP Inventor or Samsung issue but I just upgraded from a Galaxy A10 to an A23 and on the same app I don't see the list of Bluetooth items.
I have successfully paired the Bluetooth modules.
The app is the same but the List Picker gives me a black screen on the A23 while on the other I had the list of all known Bluetooth devices.
I saw a post ("Empty Bluetooth paired device list when using Bluetoothclient.AddressandNames") that seems to address the same subject but I don't understand the answer.

Jean-Michel

New devices need to explicitly get permission for new programs.

(Canned Response ABG - Bluetooth non-BLE SCAN Permission Blocks)

These blocks can be dragged into your Blocks Editor to request permission(s) for Bluetooth non-BLE scanning and connecting. All three parts are needed.

You also will need to pull in TinyDB into your project.

Thanks to @Anke for the original code.
My changes include

• use of the Screen1 permission blocks to avoid the possibility of a typo
  • using a TinyDB tag particular to BT permissions and only for BT permissions.

Whaouh!!!!!
How come I didn't have this problem with the Galaxy A10?
In all the tutorials on this subject (Bluetooth) this point has never been addressed.
What are 1.0,1 1.1, and so on?

Jean-Michel

I think I understood that in fact the new phones have Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) hence a difference in operation. I pretty much understood the programming but, apart from a tinyDB what do I have to put on. A priori there is no more ListPicker?

Jean-Michel
Pilotage_Voiture_clic_long (1).aia (58.1 KB)

If you want to build Android apps, you should stay up to date with all the changes that Google introduces in each subsequent version of Android. Your problem is due to the fact that Google has made changes to the required bluetooth permissions and you need to adapt your apps to the new requirements that depend on the android version.

Get the path of → ASD (app-specific dir) & → private data dir (internal storage)

1 Like

Hello,
OK, I'm starting to understand.
Do I have to maintain the " list picker "?

Jean-Michel