New error from recent update to nb189 (some extensions trip errors that used to work with nb188)

Runtime error
Which appeared after the recent update to Version: nb189:

Error from Companion: java.lang.RuntimeException: invalid syntax in eval form: :2102:1: caught exception in inliner for # - java.lang.RuntimeException: no such class: com.varsha.blur.BlurLayout gnu.bytecode.ObjectType.getReflectClass(ObjectType.java:179) gnu.bytecode.ClassType.getModifiers(ClassType.java:103) gnu.bytecode.ClassType.isInterface(ClassType.java:471) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.checkType(InlineCalls.java:56) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:49) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExpValue(InlineCalls.java:363) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExpValue(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitSetExp(ExpVisitor.java:114) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExp(InlineCalls.java:369) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitSetExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.SetExp.visit(SetExp.java:406) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLetExp(InlineCalls.java:317) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLetExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LetExp.visit(LetExp.java:207) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildrenOnly(LambdaExp.java:1664) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildren(LambdaExp.java:1651) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitScopeExp(InlineCalls.java:279) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:349) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visit(LambdaExp.java:1640) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitAndUpdate(ExpVisitor.java:161) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitExps(ExpVisitor.java:175) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visitArgs(ApplyExp.java:415) gnu.kawa.reflect.CompileInvoke.validateApplyInvoke(CompileInvoke.java:23) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.kawa.functions.CompilationHelpers.validateApplyToArgs(CompilationHelpers.java:66) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:119) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visit(ApplyExp.java:410) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:55) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:162) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.kawa.functions.CompilationHelpers.validateApplyToArgs(CompilationHelpers.java:66) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.maybeInline(InlineCalls.java:467) gnu.expr.QuoteExp.validateApply(QuoteExp.java:150) gnu.expr.ReferenceExp.validateApply(ReferenceExp.java:191) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:119) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitApplyExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ApplyExp.visit(ApplyExp.java:410) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:272) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitBeginExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.BeginExp.visit(BeginExp.java:156) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildrenOnly(LambdaExp.java:1664) gnu.expr.LambdaExp.visitChildren(LambdaExp.java:1651) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitScopeExp(InlineCalls.java:279) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:349) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visitLambdaExp(InlineCalls.java:28) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visitModuleExp(ExpVisitor.java:103) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.visit(ModuleExp.java:482) gnu.expr.ExpVisitor.visit(ExpVisitor.java:51) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.visit(InlineCalls.java:46) gnu.expr.InlineCalls.inlineCalls(InlineCalls.java:33) gnu.expr.Compilation.walkModule(Compilation.java:994) gnu.expr.Compilation.process(Compilation.java:1965) gnu.expr.ModuleInfo.loadByStages(ModuleInfo.java:330) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule1(ModuleExp.java:238) gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule(ModuleExp.java:198) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:943) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:883) gnu.expr.Language.eval(Language.java:865) com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.AppInvHTTPD.serve(AppInvHTTPD.java:190) com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.NanoHTTPD$HTTPSession.run(NanoHTTPD.java:489) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)

After remove blurlayout extension, error focus on another extension (myfont).

It appears several of the extensions you use are not compatible with nb189.

The extensions are not released by MIT. Either delete and refrain from using the un-compatible extensions or contact the third party developer who might be able to help.

1 Like

If you mean MyFonts extension by Anke, this works OK on my nb189, in companion 2.63u

Also just tested the blurLayout extension, no issues either.

Could be something else in your project ?

1 Like

Perhaps test using both extensions simultaneously. In other Projects it was determined that extensions that use similar/identical libraries are incompatible and cannot work together :cry: .

None the less, the way to test this issue is to remove extensions, one at a time until you do not get an error response (assuming the problem code, with no changes, worked before on nb189 ; that is, the exact code used to work.)

I presume this also works OK, without errors?

Hello!
The Taifun expansion gives me the same mistake. (TaifunTools, TaifunTextbox, TaifunFile, TaifunSqlite, TaifunBattery) As soon as I add it to the project and connect via USB.
If I connect to AI Companional, enter this error:
Cannot open database '/storage/emulated/0/AppInventor/databases/TaifunSqlite.db': Directory / storage / emulated / 0 / AppInventor / databases doesn't exist
Can anyone say a solution?
Thanks .

I don't think this is the path (error message) you get.
So post a screenshot of it.

And it has nothing to do with this topic.
So move it to a new topic.

And let us know which version of the extension you are using.

error appears when use usb connection, and no problem after build apk.

Ok, but this has nothing to do with my MyFonts extension.

Ok. Sorry !

Hello,

I had the same problem 4 days ago when new version 2.63 was rolling out. After few hours this problem disappeard but today it came back and it doesn't allow me to work with my project at all.

My thread:
https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/re-mit-app-inventor-just-stopped-working-on-all-projects-when-any-extension-added/59753

So here are conditions when this error appears:

• MIT app companion 2.62u and 2.63u version used (didn't checked other)
  • Project is started in emulator or phone via USB
  • Already started project or even completely new blank project
  • ANY extension added to components (after importing = no error, after dropped to project = error)
  • even tried with new mit app inventor account =same situation, error

So everything is OK as long as I use built-in components like button, label and so on. I tried clearing cache and data files of MIT app companion = no effect

I have Android 10

EDIT: So I tried again, and now everything working OK. So the problem exists, but it is active randomly (for now I don't see condition that decides if this problem is active or inactive).

Given the errors, it's possible that not all of the extensions are being loaded at the correct time. Once the extensions are loaded, then everything is likely fine until the next time the companion starts. There are two potential changes that might be affecting this that we'll need to look into that were introduced in this change.

1. Assets are now cached when sent from the server. This seems like a potentially unlikely culprit since once you have the extension files they should be loadable. However, if for some reason the files aren't correctly saved the first time then they wouldn't be available. But since the behavior sounds sporadic this seems less likely.
  2. The connection mechanism was refactored a bit to support a new legacy mode that will be turned on in 2.64. Are you using legacy mode (i.e., checking the Use Legacy Mode option before connecting)?

For me there is no difference when using Legacy Mode. It look's like it has no impact on this problem.

So after few more tries.

• There is no difference between Firefox and Chrome. Still getting error.
  • After project loads without error:
    -- the "Do It" prompt on EXTENSION blocks that are supposed to return value into block comments: clicking "Do It" does nothing (no result into comment)
    -- the "Do It" prompt on EXTENSION blocks that are supposed to do blocks without returning value into block comments: clicking "Do It" works OK

And right now I am again getting error. As I said - completly random.

EDIT: For now it look's like loading project with AI Companion via QR code works 100% good. All blocks working great. Even extension "do it" with result into comment.
USB and emulator still getting error

Thanks. We are aware of the Do It problem with Legacy mode.

created by BodyMindPower.
Extension Version: 3
Date Built: 2022-03-11

It is not a specific extension or extensions that is causing the problem, or an issue with the extensions themselves....
See post #16

2 Likes

yes, I am. but changed legacy mode to default, The same error is repeated.