NaturalEval : Evals the given natural language

Please see the new version of the extension in the below post:

addition to the result of 1 plus 2

Introduction

I had created my AdvancedCalculator extension some days ago, so from 4 days I was trying to complete this extension, which evals the natural language input given :grinning:.

I know this extension may have a lot of bugs, please say me if you found them.

Note : (Sums will be calculated according to BODMAS)
Note 2 : (Do not calculate direct sums)

Blocks

component_method (26)

Calculates the given natural lang sum

Returns : String/result

component_event (8)

Raised when error ocuured

errorMessage : String/error

Examples

Sum to calculate : 32 + (2*4)

Result : 32 + (2*4) = 40

Sum to calculate : sin(23) Γ— 3

Result : sin(23) Γ— 3 = 1.1721933854678213

This extension can also calculate square-root, sinh, cos, tan & cube-root.

Natural Eval : AppInventor Extension by Xoma (Kumaraswamy) is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0

Downloads

net.naturaleval.xoma.aix (14.0 KB)

Or

Google drive

Any suggestions are appreciated :grinning: also say me if you find any bugs..

13 Likes

A lightweight extension developed to take natural languages as the mathematical problem as the input and parses them into mathematical equivalent result :1234:

An example:

Question: Find the sinh of 7 multiplied by 23 addition to the result of 1 plus 2
Parsed down result: 12614.27083528467

This extension is the super complex/higher version of the NaturalEval extension. However, that extension still has features like comparing equations and additional things which will be covered for this extension/version in the upcoming updates.

HOW TO

There is just one block that does all the work :wink:

This block parses the natural language into a sum and the mathematical equation.
It's strongly recommended not to use special characters in the input given. However, the extension though tries to remove them but, an error may occur.

It can do things like addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, finding the cube root, square root, sin, sinh, cos and tan.

The block returns the output in the form of a list. The first element is the result. The second element is the mathematical equation representing the sum and, the third element returns the time taken to parse the natural language. The block will return a text message if an error occurs, with the reason.

This block can also calculate general math problems if given as a pure mathematical sum.
For example ("7 + 3 * 1").

Spacing between words or instruction is very necessary for the extension to work.

Below are the blocks which to explain the extension.

I am sorry if that looks too blur :sweat_smile:

Credits

Download

dev.kumaraswamy.xyz.languageparser.aix (15.2 KB)

It's free, forever :relaxed:

If you're found any issues, then feel free to lemme know :wink:
I'm aware that this extension may not be perfect, but will be improved :upside_down_face:

Kumaraswamy B.G

5 Likes