MIT App Inventor not showing images placed on the canvas when displayed on iPad

This either indicates an issue with your code or the Project cannot be run in the emulator because of it's size. How large is the Project? (aia size).

I would try to find a friend who has an Android and see if the Project loads on his/her device. Sometimes the emulator can be fussy.

The project (aia size) is 2.6 MB, just as the file I uploaded above, AC_1_7GermFighter.aia

Hmm. Find a friend with an Android :cry: That is a large project to run on the basic emulator. :slight_smile:

Alright.
My teacher said that he has figured it out but I'm not very sure what he has done to figure it out.
The project I run is runned on an iPad instead of the aiStarter emulator, by the way.

Images show on Android device with companion

Great. A guess is there is/was a coding issue. You could ask him what the solution was if you are curious.

Glad you can work on your iPad now :slight_smile: A guess is the emulator cannot handle the Project for some reason but a device (iPad and possibly Android can).

Try this one:
AC_1_7GermFighter_2.aia (2.6 MB)

iPad Pro:

I am also having a similar problem of image not uploading in imageSprite when testing with iPad pro 11. The same project works on android. Please can u help with this issue.

Did you test my aia? (post #11)

We are facing this issue of images not being visible on ImageSprite on iPad and iPhone but it works fine in android. This issue has been reported recently. Please help us with this issue.

How did your test of @Anke's aia work out ? (post number 11)

1 Like

I already did that.

Which companion version are you using? The Canvas bug should be fixed in the beta version 2.64.1 available in TestFlight.

We are still stuck with the same issue, the image not appearing on imageSprite component. The files shared here was also tested but it didn't work. I am facing the same issue with students having ios devices. It would be great if someone can help with it.

Can you confirm which version of the companion you are using?

It is 2.64 version.

You may want to try out 2.64.1 via TestFlight per my post here:

Thanks, will make the students try this version as for me it's working.

1 Like