MIT App Inventor for iOS Version 2.64.6 in TestFlight

Yes Anke,

I follow the steps and after I installed TestFlight, when I click to open it it gives me the attached message.

"Before you can start testing, a developer has to invite you to test one of their testflight apps. TO accept an invite, tap on the link in the email or enter invitation redeem code."

Maybe this is a new procedure I don´t know as this is my first time.

Regards,

Hernan Clark

Hello,

Does the LocationSensor works now on the IOS env? It does not works on the IOS companion from the App Store. WIll it work on the actual deployment? DOes the new beta version allow us to test it?

THanks again!

Regards,

Hernan

I don't see any problems with the location sensor on my iOS test devices. Get a little more specific and show your relevant blocks (and post a simple test aia).

In my app runs well (only is not redy the location adress name),. But better if you test with IPA file,

Hi,

Test Flight is asking me for a code to be redeemed in order to proceed with testing. Evidently, We need to be invited by the developer in order to test. There is a fix for the navigation that is posted in the beta release that is not on the Apple Store version.

Any help?

Regards,

Hernan

In the Appl Test Flight there is a option to send email invitations for test your app when the app is aprobed for Beta Test.

OK, But I just want to install the test flight companion for IOS to locally test the nav fix.

Any Idea when the TestFlight version 2.64.6 (6) will be released?

I have this version 2.64.6 (6) running in my iPhone. It is open-download in the App Store public for all.

The Test Flicht has the Companion iOS app. See you:

Off course you must follow this link from your iPhone:
Join the MIT App Inventor beta - TestFlight - Apple

Hello,

I am testing the latest version of the IOS companion from testflight, and when I send a PostFile request with a digital sound file with a request header with Content-Type configured to audio/mp4 or any other digital data type, the API server shows the event.body: null,
isBase64Encoded: false.

The same operation works well when sending the same binary data using POSTMAN.

Any insight from your end? Is this an issue that happens only from the IOS companion? Anyway to test this using IOS companion? Other than the error sent back by the API server indicating no file received, there are no local errors triggered.

Can anyone help bring some light on this?

Regards,

Hernan

This does appear to be a bug in the PostFile method. I'm taking a look...

Hello Mr. Patton,

Any update on the fix for the PostFIle Request using IOS?

I am testing the latest version of the IOS companion from testflight, and when I send a PostFile request with a digital sound file with a request header with Content-Type configured to audio/mp4 or any other digital data type, the API server shows the event.body: null,
isBase64Encoded: false.

The same operation works well when sending the same binary data using POSTMAN.

Please let me know!

Regards,

Hernan

Hello,

I and continuing to test version 2.65.6 and I am ruuning into another issue that I would like to share and exchange some ideas with anyone folloing this thread.

I am testing the Texting component under the IOS companion using version 2.64.6, I get the error " undefined variable. Irritants: (yail/com.google.appinventor.components.common.ReceivingState)
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds." When I try to set the receiving state to always. In order to receive a texting response from the recipient.

The texting component is supposed to be working under IOS. Please let me know if I am missing something during my testing.

Regards,

Hernan

Sorry I ment version 2.64.6 no 2.65.6

The ReceivingState helper block hasn't been implemented on iOS yet. You will need to use the old integer-based constants.

That said, Apple doesn't really provide any insight into receiving messages. The Texting component can initiate sending a message (via the Messages app), but I don't believe we get any information about whether texts are received. Depending on what you are trying to do it may not be possible in App Inventor.

ListView images in BLOCKS section will be fixed in next release,
Because For dynamic lists with images, ListView is the only option to get it work on iOS

I'm not entirely sure what your message is meant to convey. If you have a bug in the ListView and can share a project with me to investigate I can take a look.

ListView images is not possible to be set through blocks,
It's only possible through ListData property in Designer,
So will this be solved