MIT App inventor emulator android version too old

My laptop os is ubuntu 18.4 . I tried to get data from firebase real time database into my app.
but while running on the emulator, it shows the version of Android is too old to use firebase.
What is the problem? how can i solve it. please help me dears…

The Emulator will not work with Firebase. You will have to use the companion app on a real device, or try a different emulator such as Genymotion or NoxPlayer or Memu Play

Hi TIMAI2,

The Emulator will not work with Firebase. You will have to use the companion app on a real device, or try a different emulator such as Genymotion or NoxPlayer or Memu Play

You mentioned this 2 years ago. I am running to the same issue today on Windows 11. The error I get is "The Version of Android on this device is to old to use Firebase" Please advice how I can fix this issue so that I can run MIT App inventor emulator on Windows 11. Thanks a lot

There is no way to use firebase and MIT App Inventor's emulator. Only solution is to ..

1 Like

Oh! Ok so what TIMAI2 said 2 years back still holds good. I hope Genymotion or NoxPlayer or Memu Play one of them will install and work on Windows 11. My problem is I dont have an Android phone so I have to use my Windows 11 lap top. Thanks Dora_paz

1 Like
1 Like

You really really need an Android device for final proofing of your App, especially the GUI.

1 Like

Oh! Ok I can look around and beg/borrow/steal one. During development I will use the Emulator. I am still yet to try the emulator out. Will reply to ABG's message when I get it working. Thanks ChrisWard