Medication Reminder (again)

I want to make another screen with a listview where it shows every medication the user has saved, Is something like this possible?

I really really really need help for this project, the deadline is almost coming and I need my app fully functioning... that's why I'm asking a lot of questions and questioning simple things...

yes of course it is possible
the first step is to define how to store the data

when is the deadline?

let me suggest you to start working on the app then

Taifun

Then how can I store the data? Just give me a way to do it...

And the deadline is July 9th.

here is my suggestion again... now the 3rd time...

Taifun

I tried that, but when I use the GetTags function to display them after reopening the app, the listview gives me an error. Based on the blocks I sent earlier, can you show me what I should have done instead with a printscreen of the blocks?

On a different topic, is there a link or a manual for the site that explains where everything on the site is located and what they can do, like an instruction manual? It's because I need to make a thing called an "Technical Manual" that shows how did I make this app like step by step and I need something to base myself off.

Clear TinyDB and restart your test
Use Do it to debug
Let us know, which error you get and show us a screenshot of your relevant blocks

No, I will not do that
It is your school assignment and it is you who should do the work
We here in the community are here for questions and support, we are not here to do your work

You have to do this manually
See one of the examples by @ABG how you can do it here Wordle In A Day or this example Ball collision in pool game - #15 by ABG

Taifun

I'm currently saving the medication alarm date by the tag 1 because I can't figure out a better way, now, when I go to another screen and put try to make the item appear on the listview when the screen inicializes with this code

and this error appears

The better way I explained earlier... here the suggestion again, now the 4th time

The value you are storing in TinyDB is a string
The Elenents property expects a list, therefore the error
You can use the ElementsFromString to not get the error...
but like this you can display only one alarm time in your listview... this is not what you need...
If you want to display several alarm times in your listview, then you should have somewhere a list of all those alarm times... my suggestion earlier could do it...
Taifun

But I didn't understand how to follow your suggestion that's why I was asking for the blocks, I don't know how to solve the data like you told me to, I already tried something but it still didn't work...

Show us what you tried based on my suggestion
Taifun

I have this for now, I don't know if it is correct or not.

Is the global AlarmList a list?

Tell us the difference between a tag and a value in TinyDB.

By the way, a surprisingly many people are color blind.
Are you?

A tag is something to identify and the value is the thing identified by the tag?
And yes, the global AlarmList is a List that I want to use to store the Alarms...
And no, I'm not colorblind.

What you have is the list of all alarms as tag and a specific alarm time as value

The suggestion was

what about using your alarm time as tag and storing all data for a specific alarm time as value?

You then could also use the TinyDB.GetTags method to get a list of all stored alarm times to display those in the listview after reopening the app next time

With my suggestion you do not need to store your list anymore, because you can get it always by using TinyDB.GetTags

As value you store a list of all data relevant to that alarm time, i e.

Are you meanwhile familiar with working with lists?

Taifun

You are still in the early stages of your project but the due date is 9 of July...

Let me again suggest you to reduce your expectations and simplify your project. You ran out of time.

Have only a daily medication reminder for 1 medicament and get that reminder running correctly instead of having an unfinished non working project in the end.

Good luck!

Taifun

1 Like

Soo... Something along this lines?

Well no
You are putting blocks randomly together

You did not understand the concept of storing things and later getting it back, it looks like you are trying both at the same time

Forget my suggestion of storing the data... time is running out... focus on this

Taifun

I think I understood it now..

Unfortunately not

Taifun