1 Like

1960c6a33ba5e574c1adfc320b090b048a3c6f13_2_189x500

same you need to do in title set title background color to default

also not working

Capture1 Capture2

can you send me aia file

You set background color as black set it as default

1 Like

Is there a way to add an image to a button without defining all the button as an image? This is an example to clarify my question, the white QR is the image and all the other things in background makes the button (done with your extension): btn-qr-downlight-159-54
IIf not possible to put an image inside the button, it may be a single character of particular font as Material.ttf or others (the problem is to define the font used by the button)

1. Use an arrangement set arrangement bg color and radius with this extension. Set arrangement horizontal and vertical align to center
  2. Add an Image to that arrangement. Set image height and width
  3. Set arrangement as clickable with Click Z extension by @Aquib_Khan
1 Like

What do you mean for "arrangement"? Do you mean an HorizontalArrangement or a VerticalArrangement?

For me it works perfectly with VerticalArrangment and not with HorizontalArrangement but it is a quite good solution

1 Like

May you explain me how should work .SetImage? What components support it?

You get set picture in image component

Can you show how this is not working in horizontal arrangement for me work in both

Apologize me for the wrong report, it was an error on my side, now it works for both. Anyway I attached the (stupid) test project that works.TestButtonExtensionsR1.aia (22.4 KB)

maybe this is what you want to make TestButtonExtensionsR1.aia (162.9 KB)

for material icons in the button, I have used an extension made by @Ken and modified by @Anke

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/myfonts-use-your-own-custom-fonts-a-modified-version-of-kens-yourfont-extension

2 Likes

Yesssss... I did not know the MyFont extension, you understood perfeclty what I meant. In this way I am able to simplify a lot the buttons management, I may reduce to 1/3 the number of image files needed and, other very interesting thing, I can also apply font images to every other object in my UI reducing the i18n problem. Many thanks VSATISH13, I will post the updated test project asap.

1 Like

Hello VSATISH13, I would like to understand if I am right or if I am complicating myself... at beginning I thought to use only one MakeViewUp for all components in my (little) UI, then on the same screen I need to have a TextBox with a white background and another with the screen background but seems that I can not change the TextBox backgrounds using their properties. On the other side if I set the background of MakeViewUp it changes the backgrounds of all components linked to it. So, now I am using a MakeViewUp for each set of components having the same background. Is this the right approach or am I missing/misunderstanding something? And may you explain what is the idea behind visibility (visible/invisible/gone)?

2 Likes

It's on your will you can use same to make full application UI or you can use multiple to do so.

You can use set gradient block to set a background color of textbook using same color in list

Visible : component will occupy space and it will be visible in the screen.

Invisible: component will occupy space but it will be invisible in the screen.

Gone: component will not occupy space and I will be invisible in the screen.