(Just another) weather forecast

Dear all,
as the title says, the app that you can find annexed is just another weather forecast.
Many weather forecast apps that you can find on the web are full of adv, and this was ennoying me a lot.
Then, I've decided to develop a weather forecast on my own, by using AI2.
In this development I've played with lists (viewers and pickers), dictionaries, files, web operations, JSON files and extensions (many thanks to @Taifun, @Gordon_Lu, @VSATISH13).
The annexed .pdf contains some notes on its characteristics and a sort of user manual: one can find more details therein,
In a nutshell: you can try the app, dig the code, read the document, or better, do something else, more interesting...

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ciao, Ugo.

Weather_Forecast.aia (2.1 MB)
Weather Forecast Notes.pdf (432.5 KB)

4 Likes

Must I bring a can opener to this restaurant?

Hello @ABG,
I'm so sorry but I'm not so clever with English saying....could you please "translate" it to me ?
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :hugs:
Grazie mille !
Ciao.
PS the literal translation leads me ...nowhere....:upside_down_face:
Edit:
PPSS ooooppssss : do you mean that the code is somewhat "cryptic" ?

My comment was intended to grumble at the inconvenience of having to

• download a pdf and open it to read it
  • download an .aia, import it into my overloaded AI2 account, clean up the blocks, and browse them without commentary.

It's like sitting down at a fancy white tablecloth restaurant, asking for the fish, and getting handed an unopened can of sardines. Except most sardine cans come with their own opener tab.

I must admit I have done this too in the past, and hope eventually to transcribe my Google Docs samples into full board posts, available for the multiple language translation features of this board.

1 Like

Hi @ABG,
I absolutely agree: in effect I started coding in assembly language for the i8085 on 1978 and at that time we were used to say: " one ton of paper for one line of code"... (or: "no job is complete until the paperwork is done").
Things are changing but best practices still remain... :grimacing:
Ciao.

...anyway Italian restaurants offer very nice food ...

1 Like