Is it just me, or does no one notice that the emulator is not running Android 8 Oreo?

So i was being the casual me, digging into the source code of the emulator, and:

The emulator for PC's was related to daemon, which was a thing in Android Studio
and
The android version that was 8.0 (Android Oreo) as it seems when you look into the folders... It was 2.1 (Android Eclair) which is WAY, WAY OLDER than 8.0! I would also like that to be fixed as I don't have enough space to install Android Studio and steal those files and move them over there to test on a higher API level device.

If you don't understand what I am saying, a higher API level is basicailly a version that has the capability of doing more things, so if, say you had a super old phone (1.0 Gingerbread), that would be the lowest you can go. I have IRL a Galaxy Tab A (and that would be... 7.0 Nougat) which is in the middle of that scale.

So in short, please upgrade the emulator at least to 7.0 Nougat.

It is something I can actually get used to.
Thanks a lot!

• Alexander Bolte

Workarounds:

Since it sounds like you're using the Windows version, please take a look at Upcoming Feature Preview and check out the updated Windows emulator package, which is running SDK 26 (Android 8.0).