iOS build server updated to 2.64.6 (rev 3)

@Anke
If I disable the Timer ONLY in the Screen2 and have enabled the Timer on Screen1 the app runs well and not have the fatal failure.

Wall is very curious-.....

Hi @Anke
I have tested several posibilities and I found a solution to not have the error:
1-I put all the Timers with the TimerAlwaysFire option disabled.
2-I Disabled in every Screen their Timer before go to other Screen. And I enable the Timer when every screen is accesed.

See you the attached AIA.

Whith this configuration I have not the fatal navigation error and I can the Timer active in every screen.

What do you think about it?
testNavigation_3.aia (13.3 KB)

Do you know what is the function of the option TimerAlwaysFire if I can not have the app running in background as a service?

Is there a way to get to use this server?

It would be amazing because I'm building an app for an out of school time place and I will let the guys update and develop further the app.

Now only few people with android can use it and it's a pity for the ios people...

https://doesappinventorrunonios.com/ 3
The iOS server
https://iosbuildservertest.appinventor.mit.edu

1 Like

Hey thanks a lot

How frequently do you typically update the iOS build server, and what factors influence the decision to apply updates?

It all depends on the volume and importance of the errors detected and reported by all of us. @ewpatton is the responsible for the AI2 development team and he can respond better.

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/search?q=iOS%20build%20server%20updated%20%40ewpatton%20%20order%3Alatest

I've pushed a small update to the server that should improve access times for various web resources in built apps as well as fixing the issue where the project level iOS Settings were not being correctly propagated to the Info.plist file.

1 Like

The iOS build server has been updated to 2.64.6 revision 5a with the following changes:

• Make speech recognizer sensitive to user locale
  • Fix an error code in LocationSensor
  • Make clock methods sensitive to user locale
  • Make WebViewer fill parent when set to automatic width/height
  • Fix Delete method in Web component from sending non-capitalized HTTP verb that could cause issues with some servers
  • Provisioning profiles will now have their certificates and dates checked by the App Inventor server before a build starts in order to save time in the case they've expired

Cheers,
Evan

1 Like

I had tested the items 1, 2, 3 and 4 and now all are running well.

Hello everyone,

I have updated the build server to version 2.64.6 rev 6. This update contains the following changes:

• Implement support for the "Tribblehunter" method of screen switching
  • Address some memory management issues that could cause screens and event handlers to be prematurely garbage collected
  • Fix an issue that would cause components and event handlers to be redefined
  • Address new orientation functionality added in iOS 16
  • Make it so that packaged apps will quit if Screen1 is closed
  • Code clean-up in the event dispatching logic
  • Add background audio mode only if a Player is present in the project

Cheers,
Evan W. Patton, Ph.D.
Lead Software Engineer, MIT App Inventor

1 Like

Hello @ewpatton

Have you planned correct the issue in the block:
component_set_get
?
We have not any data in this block.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the design of this block was informed by the Android system in such a way that translating it into iOS is not really feasible. We have to think of an alternate way of accomplishing that.

Hello everyone,

I have updated the build server to version 2.64.6 rev 7. This update contains the following changes:

• Report OtherScreenClosed when back swipe gesture is performed
  • Update the default iOS theme to DeviceDefault to match the same change on Android
  • Make use of new APIs introduced in iOS 13 to adjust the app-wide theme
  • Fix an issue with the spinner, datepicker, and timepicker not being readable when in dark theme
  • Add proper error codes for GoogleVoiceEnabled and ReceivingEnabled in the Texting component. These errors will only be reported in the companion app. Compiled apps will have them automatically silenced.

Cheers,
Evan

I tested this method now also on my iPhone 6s (iOS 15.8.2). There it doesn't work. (The same behavior as before, Screen1 pops up first...) So I have to do something like this

or the app can only be installed with iOS version 16+.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which iOS version this problem occurs with.

I have a couple older iOS devices at home I should be able to test with further. The logic change is working for me with iOS 17.

1 Like

Yes!

Regardless of whether ScreenOrientation = Portrait was set in the designer (or with blocks), the display rotates. To intercept (mitigate) the problem, there seems to be only this option:

grafik

This problem occurs only with the compiled app.

Hmm. So I think the only way to "fix" this issue on iOS earlier than 16 will be to implement a custom back button rather than using the system-provided one.

The iOS build server has been updated to version 2.64.6 rev 8 with the following changes:

• Fix an issue related to the behavior of the Checkbox
  • Implement the ScreenOrientation helper block for iOS
  • Fix an orientation issue in compiled apps
  • Add back button logic for iOS 15 and earlier
2 Likes