Introducing Aptly, the Software Platform that Turns Ideas into Working Apps

The future is here! Check out our latest research in Conversational AI. Introducing Aptly that turns Ideas into working apps. What if you could create apps simply by describing what you want in everyday language? How might you use that power to improve life for your family, your community, the world? What would you build? http://appinventor.mit.edu/blogs/hal/2022/03/21/Aptly

12 Likes

outstanding :smiley:

3 Likes

That sounds too good to be true! :clap:

3 Likes

Is Aptly operational? Is there a link? This appears to be a premature announcement. :cry:

3 Likes

Wow !! :smiley: :

3 Likes

Great work !! :+1:

3 Likes

Wow that's literally mind blowing!!!

2 Likes

We have come far from Grace Hopper's dream for Cobol

5 Likes

Great job :+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

This feature is great, but I saw a "Translator" component in the Blocks editor. Is that an extension? Did they also preloaded extensions? :thinking:

3 Likes

It is probably the new translate component which is being developed for release (to replace Yandex)

2 Likes

Ok, got it. I see that the test server (ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu) has already replaced YandexTranslate with Translator. :cry:

1 Like

I also see this in the announcement blog:

Aptly is currently a limited prototype. It does not support every App Inventor feature and its Codex-based training uses only a few examples.

Does that mean that Aptly is only trained for a few ideas?

1 Like

I can not find in the blogpost or on the OpenAI Codex website if users can speak in their own language. It looks like you have to use English to make it work. Please proof me wrong.

2 Likes

Hi. I wanted to test this. But when I click Start new project, the code generator does not show. How do I fix this?

Read this.

1 Like

Listen to what I say,

in the prototype server test (ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu)

You do not understand. This is a premature announcement and temporarily available.

Still unavailable in all servers.

1 Like

You don't understand. I quoted Steve's question in my post because this is a function unavailable.

Means that MIT has achieved a lot in this event, but it is still uncompleted.

Think three times before doing it.

- Confucius, Chinese philosopher
1 Like