Insert contacts into android contacts

I am working with a set of code to insert contacts into phone contacts but can't set group name. pls help me.

1 Like

it seems to be, there is no group_name constant... see also here for available constants
How to add a contact to the contact list

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I want to create an app which show list of contacts from android contact (phonebook) with query base on "phone_type". please help me with blocks.
Please.

an extension might be able to help you with this

taken from the extensions directory

Taifun

First many thanks.

"Contacts Extension by kevinkun" extension component not shown in MIT App Inventor. Please help.

not sure what you mean?

and following the link:

Many thanks for your cordial assistance.

Sir many many thanks, now it works very fine. I'm grateful to you that you give me more time.

If you don't mind I will take some help to enter number in phone book with mention group (as family, friends, student etc.).
Thanks again.

Do you mean to add a new contact to a specific group?

1 Like

Yes sir, I mean the same. And I also want to add, edit and remove contacts without opening android phonebook. I mean, I want to make a separate phonebook which will serve me to manage a specific group of contacts. I made a same aia but it doesn't work with android phonebook. That aia data stored in tiny db and data showed in list view. I can also call and send messages from list view contacts.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Please help.

you already asked the same question in your other thread Insert contacts into android contacts...
spamming the community is not allowed...
thank you for considering this next time...
I will move the lastest off topic posts...

Taifun

1 Like

If anybody failed to get answer of a questions and he post the question again in community, Is he break the community guideline?

Just ask again in the same topic

1 Like

Many thanks. But I don't like to do that. Message from System upset me.

Your post was flagged as spam : the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.

we do not like spam... a spam post is for example asking the same question in another thread
if you think, your question still is not answered, then ask again in the same thread rather than starting a new one... it's easy, isn't it? just follow the rules... thank you for your kind understanding.

and concerning your question I already explained to you earlier

I do not have any other answer for you currently... sorry...

Taifun

Thank you very much.

How can I add new contacts into android phonebook (main phonebook of a mobile set) to a specific group? I got some blocks but that not consider group name. Please help.

How can I do it? No other space to write without "Reply" space. Please reply.

I do not have any other answer for you currently... sorry...
Probably someone else has an idea?

Taifun

1 Like