Im pulling my hair out need help with BLE im sure im doing something daft

this is my simple receive a single char string its being sent using a hm-18 and the char is sent every 1 sec

the text box never displays the char at all despite how hard ive tried

btw i have checked using a ble scanner and indeed the char "a" is being sent Ive also checked the uuid's and they are correct im using a dsd tech hm-18

Thank you all in advance all the very best

Overwriting the incoming uuids in the strings received event is probably counterproductive.

Use the uuids to register for input of strings after connection.

you are using the StringReceived block incorrectly. this is the receiving block. that is, you must first request a value with the parameters of the service and the service. after that, you will get the value in the StringReceived block. At the same time, there are options for a request - with confirmation or not, as well as subscribe to receive data. (i.e. you can make one request but constantly receive values) As a result, you should first make a request and then in the StringReceived block you will get back the value

thanks for that now working there is a strange thing though i send for example a single char and what is received is ["x"] where x is the char but has brackets and " arround it ? is that normal ?

Your event parameter is what, StringsReceived?

If it's plural, it will give you a list, even if there's only one item in the list.

The [""] is Ai2's way of turning the list into JSON text for people who don't know to do a Select Item 1 From List.

Thanks I manipulated it like :

but there must be an easier way how would you do as a list as eventually i will have many items (about 6 to be passed at the same time seperated with comas.

ie 100,580,450,5.8,0

thanks again for all your help.

It's clear from your question you have not done any of the required reading on how to use lists.

Start here, reading all of the introductory section.