I can't see the folder ASD on my mobile

You should only comment here if you actually know what you are talking about. The ASD is located in external storage and to access it the device does NOT need to be rooted.

Haven't you seen my screenshot yet?

This statement is also wrong.

Sorry about that.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????????????
How did you manage to see the contents of the ASD folder?
Please Please Please :pray: :pray: :pray: tell me, I have been trying for a long time and I have not succeeded. What mobile app did you use to view the files? Thanks

No
to select and share pdf files you use shared storage
as it has been mentioned earlier, copy the file from ASD to shared storage and select and share from there
the ASD is only for your app

Taifun
PS: I'm able to access the ASD using Total Commander on Samsung Galaxy A54 running Android 13

To access an ASD for test purposes using Total Commander follow these steps:

1. select the directory you like to access in /Android/data and click Yes

1. click "use this folder"

2. click "allow"

3. now you are in...

Taifun.

1 Like

grafik

You can access to this folder also from Windows.

Yes, of course.

Looks like now you can't access ASD with Total Commander.

Neither with File Manager plus.

Access granted for dirs prior to ( I don't know which) update will continue to be accessible.

Which is what I reported back here

Yes but still discussion went ahead so I also thought to contribute too.
If I remember correctly, around February I made a sample app demonstrating access to ASD with SAF and that was working.
But today I checked again and came to the same conclusion. That was really surprising.

Android 13, Pixel 4 XL:

Using ?

and did you only just now create access ?

Android 13 fixed the loophole.

Among others, for example:
http://folderv.com/

Amazing, this is the only app which works.
Features will be limited though as developer is using DocumentFile instead of DocumentsContract.

I just tried these steps again to open other apps inside /Android/data and it still worked for me on Samsung Galaxy A54 running Android 13

Taifun

To what extent?

Copy/Move not supported.
Creating files and folders may or may not be possible.
DocumentFile is known to be slower while listing files.
You will be able to see content inside /data and /obb folders but may miss some basic file operations.