How to compare two slightly different versions of the same app?

How to compare two slightly different versions of the same app?
On programs with many blocks it is really difficult to visually identify the differences of some blocks
So the question is: how to compare two slightly different versions of the same app and check for different blocks / instructions?

You could use something like MELD on the .scm/.bky files ?

You could use two versions of https://unchive.kodular.io/ next to each other.

To compare the two aia's. Don't mind the different color.

1 Like

Yes of course, I can use MELD, I think it is basically equivalent to WinMerge that I normally use for checking differences between text files and that I tried to use to compare the .bky and .scm extracted from a test .aia
But seeing things in text format isn't much help
I was trying to understand if it is possible to find help to graphically identify the differences between the blocks of a screen compared to the same screen blocks of a different version of the same app

Yes, this is the solution to graphically display the code blocks I was looking for
Thank you very much

1 Like

I am wondering if this could be build into unchive @vishwas? That would be great for a lot of people and i think especially educators so they can compare aia-files very easy.

2 Likes

I think it can be done. I'll see if I can get time next week to add a compare option

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.