How do you close Screen2 and display Screen1 in the background with the same page visible before switching?

I have several pages on Screen1 which are set as invisible, in order to be able to switch between pages through the blocks. There is a fixed button in the header, which allows me to open the Screen2 at any time (it's the TableView with data).
The problem is that when I close Screen2 (the block: "Close screen ...") I go back to Screen1 but it is blank because the page is set to "not visible".
How can I keep the page where I was, visible on return?
:slight_smile:

Use a tinyDB to save the page you want to be visible, then fetch this value on Screen1.Initialise.

Can you explain better what you mean?
When I open the application and Screen1 initializes, I start from the home which is set to "visible" and this is ok.
I need to be able to open Screen 2 from any page I am on.

Try this

backToScreen1.aia (4.9 KB)

Thanks a lot! ...I gave it a quick look and it looks just what I need. Tomorrow I'll try to apply it and I'll let you know :slight_smile:

It works! Really great :slight_smile:
Now we need to add a detail: when I go back on Screen1 I should keep the selected elements on any page (selected buttons are set with colored image or the text is inserted in the textbox). At this time all selections I made before moving on to screen 2 are canceled upon return.

You will need to follow the same approach for the other components

:hushed: ...there are more than 100 buttons

You have a lot of work to do then!!

Ok :joy: ...I love this work and see the results
Thank you a lot!

Are you sure you need +100 buttons ? Is there any duplication ?

Do you want to see my project?

It may help if duplication exists, or one of us can see another way....

...here you are :slight_smile:
Nadi (2).aia (376.0 KB)

Oh, it is the same app as for the tableview issue :slight_smile:

Yes, I'm still working on it with the AITeam

OK, can see how it works now. No repetition as such...

Why, once a user has submitted data, do you need to show it to them again ? They can see their entry in the table ? If you really do want to show them what they have just entered again, then you will need to save the state of each button to the tinyDB, and set these when Screen1 is returned to.

• I note that when returning from Screen2 the user is not taken to the "Home" screen, but to the last entry screen

• I note that it is not possible to select Middle and Ring finger in the Quality feeling section (the one with many buttons)

• There are a couple of big delays in the app, especially when returning from Screen2. I will see if I can sort these out

I will do some work on the dynamic table now, this may take some time, I have some other real world work to do :wink: . Do you want a read-only table? and where do you want to export the table to?

:slight_smile: ... When I am on the various pages I must have the possibility to give a look at the data table on screen 2 (maybe one enters the app only to export the table or check it and does not want to go all the way and save new data ), but when I click the save button all selections must reset.

TIMAI2: "Prendo atto che al ritorno da Screen2 l'utente non viene portato alla schermata "Home", ma all'ultima schermata di ingresso"
Exactly

TIMAI2: "I note that when returning from Screen2 the user is not taken to the "Home" screen, but to the last entry screen"
The two finger buttons are not active because I still have to do all this work.

Yes, the application is slow, ... thank you if you work on it.

There is the AITeam that is already working on the dynamic table. Are you the one who followed the latest posts on that topic?
For now it is sufficient that the table is only displayed, but later on I will surely have to give the possibility to select items and delete them individually. I don't think I give the possibility to modify them, it would be too complicated and unnecessary.
I would like to be able to send the table via email or whatsapp as a pdf file, is it possible?

..sorry, I correct:

TIMAI2: "There are a couple of big delays in the app, especially when returning from Screen2. I will see if I can sort these out"

...this is right:
TIMAI2: "I note that it is not possible to select Middle and Ring finger in the Quality feeling section (the one with many buttons)"
:sweat_smile:

1 Like