How do I make my own App Inventor?

Try shift-clicking the refresh button in Chrome. I don’t see why it would have an existing version cached, but it will cause it to reload everything.

First of all I want to give a big thank to you @ewpatton sir bcz of you we set it up a huge thank to you and sorry also because I think I am gone disturb you again in feature

It not worked but when you said this

I off it and start but this time first I use ant clean

Well yeah, if you use ant clean it will remove all the files, so of course you will get a file not found error in Chrome. Also, if you have any extensions that aggressively cache pages, remove those.

1 Like

@ewpatton i have added an simple component to experimental category but it is removable

1 Like

The only category that adds the ability to remove a component is the extension category. Are you sure you aren’t mistaken as to which category you declared the component in?

Thanks sir i didnt know what i did and now i removed that but when i try again it working fine

I think external was set to true in the SimpleObject annotation

2 Likes

I think this is confusing. @Krishjha07 and @Parth_Parmar are you one and the same. You are both responding to the same questions. I think you are using two accounts here.

Basically we are working on same project

Hey is it possible to run this source code on a shared hosting/vps hosting for personal use?

For personal use u can run on compouter

1 Like
java_dev_appserver.cmd --port=8888 --address=0.0.0.0 appengine/build/war/

I ran the command above and got the output:

This action requires the installation of components: [app-engine-java]

ERROR: Cannot use bundled Python installation to update Cloud SDK in
non-interactive mode. Please run again in interactive mode.

If you really want to run in non-interactive mode, please run the
following command before re-running this one:

FOR /F "delims=" %i in ( '""C:\GCSDK\google-cloud-sdk\bin\gcloud.cmd"" components copy-bundled-python'
  ) DO (
    SET CLOUDSDK_PYTHON=%i
  )

(Substitute `%%i` for `%i` if in a .bat script.)
Installing component in a new window.

Please re-run this command when installation is complete.
    $ gcloud --port=8888 --address=0.0.0.0 appengine/build/war/

It said to me to run the command when the installation is completed, but when I run that I get this error:

ERROR: (gcloud) unrecognized arguments: --port=8888 (did you mean '--format'?)

To search the help text of gcloud commands, run:
  gcloud help -- SEARCH_TERMS

I have python installed on my computer and my variable values of PATH:

SharedScreenshot

I don't know what is wrong and why the error is appearing. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit computer with 12 GB ram. I ran the make auth key command which was successful and tried again but it was the same.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

The error is pretty clear, you need to install the Java portion of the App Engine SDK. You can do this by running:

gcloud components install app-engine-java
1 Like

Now I face this error:

Unable to find the webapp directory appengine\build\war

@ewpatton

1 Like

Webapp directory is created after building appinventor, make sure you run ant or ant noplay command

1 Like

in the cmd im getting server running but when i open local host its saying refused to connect

1 Like

Hey there it's been a while since I used anything related to ai2 so take it with a grain of salt. So I think the problem could be as simple as using http and HTTPS or even your firewall blocking it so look into that as for me I think I faced ithis issue and I think it was firewall issue but again it's been quite long since I used ai2 so I might be wrong

Try https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/how-to-create-own-app-inventor-only-for-windows/44690

Do you have a screenshots of the terminal window and browser? There are two App Inventor servers, one is the App Engine part that hosts the frontend and the second is the buildserver. The second is only needed if you intend to testing building apps. One failure mode is people sometimes run the buildserver but not the App Engine piece, which is consistent with your symptoms.

I even started the app engine too.. Can u please send me the most recent topic about the steps to install it locally? Because the even this steps ain't working

Please provide screenshots as I requested. You can always reference the setup instructions in the README: