Hi, can anyone help me in making app inventor

Hi, can anyone help me in making app inventor. I've been trying to make it for 2 months I can't get it in my ubuntu because installing java does not work and I've not tried in windows yet, should I try? I was doing with this tutorial but it is not detailed
https://josmas.github.io/contributingToAppInventor2/#/

you need a whole team in that some need to know java, html, css, php etc.

I dont think so @Aarush_Kumar you can develop it with open source by yourself but i have some problems that's it

i thought you dont need to make a copy of app inventor

Could you clarify what you mean by not being able to install Java on Ubuntu? It should be sufficient to sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk (package name just off the top of my head. run apt-cache search jdk for all options).

2 Likes

@GM_Shack there is also a pocket version of MIT App Inventor and it's source code is available on https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai2u/

I have tried to check wheather I have installed java and it says i have java 11.9.1 some version like that
so i tried to build the thing with the command ant and after showing some things it says build failed

2 Likes

Can you please show what error is happening

Yes I'll show some screen shots in some time

2 Likes

it says build failed

App Inventor only builds with Java 8. It includes components that do not support newer versions of Java. You should install the Java 8 JDK and set your JAVA_HOME accordingly when building and running the App Inventor sources.

1 Like

Does anyone hava a detailed tutorial on it @ewpatton @Aarush_Kumar @Shameek_Biswas

Yes

If you know hindi then check this video out

2 Likes

I just know a bit of hindi

1 Like

By the way Thanks for the video

1 Like

this is on my windows cmd is this the correct version of java @ewpatton

Hey @Shameek_Biswas I downloaded the thing you said and extracted it then what should i do

I think your system is defaulting to using Java 11. You can change your system default by running sudo update-alternatives --config java.

1 Like