Have an idea for an Extension?

@mike I think collaboration and team-work is a great idea. However, I haven’t worked on NFC. Hopefully others will be able to team-up and work with you

1 Like

Hi @Hossein, thank you for your message back on this. Understood, and please stay safe and healthy. Thank you. - Mike

1 Like

An interesting application would be to improve the Listpicker by allowing you to insert an image and formatted text in each row.

There are already several extensions that do this, and MIT are working on these features built in to the listview.

For extensions:

https://puravidaapps.com/extensions.php

2 Likes

Thanks, I saw Andreas Costa’s extension. It seems interesting to me. If it works well …

Another interesting extension would be to be able to justify the text of a label

1 Like

Android doesn't have this functionality until Android OS 8.0+.
I think most people use a Webviewer in this situation.

What about a Comment Block extension accessible from the Built-in Blocks drawer or suitable area? May have to be under Extensions of course.

Importantly, when opened it opens to a decent size (eg bit smaller than Viewer window) by default but could be adjusted and with a decent size font that is not dependent on the current zoom factor. (As opposed to the current block comments which shrink to an unreadable size if zoomed out to view a larger area of blocks)

Provide both facilities to either stand alone or be attached to a code block as below.

Suggested options for placement in the Viewer window are:
1/ place in the viewer area like the Warning/Error/Backpack etc so that it is always accessible without scrolling and semi-transparent
2/ allow docking to the viewer window
3/ For a better form of Comment than current, let it “stick” to another block in a minimized form until opened.

Auto close when clicked away from etc

And of course multiple Comment Blocks able to be used.

Food for thought? Would provide a good means for documentation, ToDo lists etc
Would be left out of Build of course so needn’t add any overheads.

May exist of course, if so I will be pleased when someone lets me know. :upside_down_face:

I am seeking an password extension having 4 numbers criated by user. It is possible? Tks

No extension needed for that

1 Like

Thanks but i want to keep the password into the app for run it next time.

"This is in spanish, if you cant read it please use google traslate, sorry for it :c"

Estaba haciendo una aplicación personalizable por el usuario donde se podría escoger: tamaño de letra, color de fondo, color de botones, etc. Mi mayor traba (problema) es que los elementos gráficos que trabajan con listas no son muy configurables, a ** ListPicker** o Selector de lista no puedo alterar el menu desplegable y en ** Spinner** o Selector no puedo cambiar el tamaño de letra…

Si pudieras hacer un elemento gráfico o agregar mas opciones de personalización me harías mucho, es un proyecto libre y personal.

there are already some listpicker or listview extensions available, see the extensions directory here App Inventor Extensions | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Some feedback about App Inventor, Kodular, extensions, etc

What about font size to all blocks
At once, sometimes the app is messed up
In phones that have big font selected

This would help TinyDB users who forgot their NameSpace values and have no way to reconstruct them:

A Namespaces block that takes a directory listing of the app’s shared_prefs directory,
and returns a list of the XML file names, without the .XML suffixes.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m dreaming of a list of widgets!
Example :
In my app, I have a table arrangement of 26 row and 4 columns
In the first colum is a label named lbl1
In the second column is a button named B1
In the third column is a button named bm1
In the forth column is a button named bp1
At the next line of the arrangements, names have a “2” at the end (lbl2, B2, bm2 and bp2)
If I could make a list of all the labels, an other llist of all buttons B1, B2, B3…)
an other llist of all buttuns bm1, bm2, bm3…) etc.
then I could make a procedure with a integer input that changes text of a specific button or label.

Set globalLabelList = "lbl1, lbl2, lbl3, lbl4, ..."

Procedure changeLblText (3, varfoo)
set globalLabelList[3}.text = varfoo

instead of havig 26 different procédures!
same for buttons… ?
Hope I’m clear !

You never heard of generic blocks and lists of components?

You can do this with the existing blocks.

I'll look into it